Plot premarket high low, and extend to session close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot premarket high low, and extend to session close

Hello, I’m looking for some help plotting premarket high and low, and extending the lines to the session close.

what I’ve done so far is to create a custom trading hours template from 5pm central to 7am central, then I added a second data series to my chart with the same instrument but with the premarket trading hours template, then added indicator current day OHL to the data series with the premarket trading hours. This gives me a great premarket high and low indicator line, but it stops at 7am (which is the end of day for the premarket trading hours template). I’d like the premarket line to extend to 400pm central so I can see it during the trading day.

I tried changing the template to have EOD at 7am with a second session from 7am to 4pm, and I also tried having a 5pm to 7am session without EOD checked, and a 7am to 4pm session with EOD checked. Neither of these worked. Can anybody help?

thanks

Hello HippoTown,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

I cannot think of a way to extend the lines of the indicator while retaining the same values without custom programming. With that being said, I was able to achieve the same effect by drawing horizontal lines on my chart where the high and low values of the indicator are. While this requires some manual input, it allows me to visually reference the indicator values over my chart for the rest of the day because the horizontal line extends to the price axis.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! I found an indicator in futures.io that has opening range and premarket where you can adjust the times and appearance.

Comment

Hello HippoTown,

Thanks for your reply.

Happy to hear that you found something that suited your needs!
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Hippo town, i'm looking for an indicator that plots a line on the open of the premarket (4:00 am CT) do you think you can share this to me!
          Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Board game geek  
          Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
          1 response
          0 likes