Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Import Indicators - Custom NinjaScript Files Error

Hello,

I just got a new computer after my old PC ran out of space on the C Drive and I just installed the latest version of NT8.

I then tried to install some indicators that I use which I bought from various vendors, but I keep getting an error message.

The error message says:

You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File.

But as the screenshot below shows, my Strategies folder only has the default Strategies that come with Ninjatrader 8. I do not have any custom Strategies in that folder.

And the other screenshot shows that my AddOns folder is empty.

Where else would there be NinjaScript files?

I cannot trade the futures markets live until this is resolved.

Please advise.

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary,

Thanks so much for the detailed info on what to do.

I followed your instructions to compile all NinjaScript objects and got error messages for paid for professional indicators that I have been using from various vendors with no problem for many months.

Could it be because I copied a backup copy of Config.xml and UI.xml from my old computer and NT8 install and put it into my new computer NinjaTrader 8 folder?

I also copied my old computer and NT8 installation workspaces folder and templates folder.

What do you suggest is the best way to proceed?

i2w8am9ii2

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,
        The errors in screenshot clearly saying the Custom Indicators you're using (NinZa.co and others if I am not wrong) are incomplete. All these indicators come with .dll files but while copying these from your old system you missed these files.
        Quick workaround:- Try importing them again using original .zip files provided by vendor.
        Else you need to manually copy the respective .dll files in correct (same as originally stored) folder {....C:\....\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom}
        I recommend a clean installation of Ninjatrader 8 & then you can copy your backup files from other PC or try Import -> Backup file if you've taken backup in your old system.
        Hope it helps!
        Last edited by s.kinra; 09-06-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Hi s.kinra, Thanks for your reply and for your suggestion.

I took care of it a couple of days ago. I just removed Config.xml and UI.xml that I copied over from my old computer and had to enter my info from scratch.

But at least my templates and workspaces that I copied from my old installation were accessible on my new computer.

Question: Anyone know why the default number of processors enabled on a new computer is normally 1 and if enabling all available processors (20 in my case) is okay and beneficial?

Here is info on the processor for my new computer: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

Here is an article I found on how to enable all available processors:
          IBM released the first dual-core processor, the POWER4, in 2001 for the high-end server market. However, it was not until AMD and Intel x86 released desktop versions of dual-core CPUs in 2005 that the technology became available for Windows users. Dual-core processors include two CPUs on one die and can, in some ...

Attached is a screenshot showing what looks like my new computer is set to only use 1 of the 20 available processors. Any logic to that?

i2w8am9ii2

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,
            The snapshot you shared is only pertaining to boot sequence & I believe has nothing to do with system performance at all. The logical processors in use while normal working can be found in Task Manager -> Performance, check the Environment Variable "NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS" to ensure it has correct number.
            If you're facing performance issues like high boot time & applications are loading slower then consider SSD Hard Drive for Windows OS, it will boost performance.
            Hope it helps.

Comment

Hi s.kinra,

Thanks for your reply.

Attached is a screenshot I just took.

Would that indicate that I should just leave the "Number of processors" checkbox unchecked, even though it would appear to suggest that it would only be using 1 processor out of the 20 then?

i2w8am9ii2

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,
                Yes, the Number of Processors you're referring only means while booting the system how many processors are required & its generally a good idea to keep it at default setting of 1 processor. Regarding overall system performance Task Manger tells how many processors are actually running while normal working i.e. after boot.
                You don't launch your car in top gear instead you slowly shift gears for performance.
                Hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks s.kinra,

I appreciate the info and clarification.

i2w8am9ii2

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                  117 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post jculp
                  by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                  5 responses