Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay data download

Hello,
    I would like to call the program that does the market replay download. How do I do that

Hello morrnel,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Replay is downloaded already in every installation of NinjaTrader. I have provided a publicly available link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data:
    To use the Playback Connection you will first need to have data for Market Replay.

There are 2 ways of getting market data for Market Replay:
    1. Record live market data To do this you will need to enable the Market Replay Recorder by going to Tools> Options> Market Data > check 'Enable market recording for playback' > OK. Now data will be recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II (market depth) data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving data for the instrument. The Market Analyzer window is the recommended recording window as multiple instruments can be added to one Market Analyzer window and all recorded at the same time. Please see the following publicly available help guide page for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ReplayRecorder
    2. Download replay data from the NinjaTrader server.

NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data free to download. Only the most common instruments are currently available.

To download replay data:
    • Select the Tools menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Historical Data and select "Load" tab. Here the section "Get Market Replay data" can be expanded.
    • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.
    Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, but that does not touch my question.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please clarify your question? Are you looking for programming advice?

We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not certain what to clarify.I would like to call the program that does the market replay download. How do I do that. I would like to download a day of transactions from another program.

Comment

Hello morrnel,

Thanks for your reply.

If you're referring to something other than the aforementioned Historical Data Manager that is built into the platform and used to download Market Replay data, then this would be a third-party add on to NinjaTrader. Please contact platformsalesATninjatraderDOTcom for a full list of our third-party vendors.

Don't hesitate to reach out if we may be of further assistance.
            Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, how can i get more than 3 months and how i can replay 2 different contract in example NQ 03-23 and NQ 06-23 in the same playback session? Thank you

Comment

Hello rngpmx1,

Thank you for your post.

If you are wanting to use Market Replay data we only supply up to 90 days worth of data to download.

If you do not have older Market Replay already downloaded, another option would be to reply using historical tick data.

You will need to be connected to a data feed that supports historical tick data:Also for reference I have included how to download historical data:​​​​​​​If you do not have access to a connection that supplied historical tick data you may find a 3rd party provider for either historical tick data or Market Replay data from our Ecosystem:​​​​​​​You then may playback multiple contracts if you have the available data for each. You will just need to set your chart to each contract individually.

This can be down my manually typing then contract into your chart and pressing Enter:
                Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes