using Ninjatrader 7 indicator for Ninjatrader 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using Ninjatrader 7 indicator for Ninjatrader 8

I have an indicator that is designed to signal a trade using Tick Charts. It was originally designed for Ninjatrader 6.5 and 7. What can I do to determine if this indicator will work for Ninjatrader 8? Should I install it and see if it works? Is there a conversion process I should go through for Ninjatrader 8? I purchased the indicator from a third party vendor who no longer sells the indicator to the general public but I have lifetime access to it when I made my purchase. The third party vendor is no longer in business as he shut his website down. Please advise.

Hello daytraderroy,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, this would not be possible; NinjaTrader 7 and 8 use a different base code for their indicators so one from 7 would not be compatible in 8.

The following guide describes which items may be migrated from version 7 to 8:

If you are familiar with programming and would like to convert your indicators from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8, please review the Code Breaking Changes in our Help Guide.

Code Breaking Changes

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Shawn. I am not familiar with programming so I will keep using Ninjatrader 7 for now. If there are any resources that can help with a conversion please let me know. My biggest concern is how much longer I will be able to use Ninjatrader 7 before having to switch to 8. Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Hello daytraderroy,

Unfortunately I am not aware of any resources other than the migration guide that Shawn provided.

From the link below:

How long will you continue to support NinjaTrader 7?
        No end date for support of NinjaTrader 7 has been scheduled. This will be dynamic based on client usage and connection technology API support. For comparison, NinjaTrader 6.5 was supported for an additional 5 years following the release of NinjaTrader 7.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Roy, check over at www.futures.io. There are discussions dedicated to NT7 to NT8 indicator conversions.

Comment

Hello daytraderroy,

Currently, there are no plans to end support for NinjaTrader 7. Below is a link that may help.

How long will you continue to support NinjaTrader 7?

No end date for support of NinjaTrader 7 has been scheduled. This will be dynamic based on client usage and connection technology API support. For comparison, NinjaTrader 6.5 was supported for an additional 5 years following the release of NinjaTrader 7.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
            Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes