Can US stock cfd's from IB be shown on NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can US stock cfd's from IB be shown on NT8

Is it possible to trade US stock cfd's using Ninjatrader and Interactive Brokers for a trader in the UK? If so, how would you set up the cfd for say Tesla please?

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

If Interactive Brokers allows you to trade these instruments, there shouldn't be aby conflicts.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
    • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
    • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
    • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please could you give me a screen shot example of any US stock CFD instrument setup with Interactive Brokers.
      I currently have the pre open chart for AAPL showing for NON CFD but I can't get a CFD chart.
      I have seen people mention putting a @ in front of the usual code but that doesn't seem to work, what code should I be using?
      So I would be very grateful for an actual example please.

Comment

If I put @ in front of AAPL I get an error message saying IB was unable to locate instrument, please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instrument @AAPLNasdaq.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

When connected to your InterActive Brokers connection, head to the Control Center> Tools> INstruments> select CFD from the Search Dropdown menu and this will show a list of the CFDs already a part of the NinjaTrader database for all available data providers (these are not guaranteed to work with IB as they may be specifically mapped to another provider) and selecting an instrument> edit will bring up the window where the symbol mapping can be added to the Interactive Brokers field. This information would come from IB directly, we do not maintain a list of it's symbol mappings on our end. Interactive Brokers has a symbol search on their website for retrieving such information.

Yes, the @ symbol denotes a CFD product rather than a stock symbol and in the NinjaTrader platform, you would type Apple for the CFD for Apple.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

I have spent ages messing around, trying to get the CFD chart to show but still no luck. On the IB symbol search I cannot see any code specific to the CFD for AAPL. It just lists aapl@nasdaq for cfd and non cfds.
            Are there any traders out there who have managed to get stock US CFD's from IB to work on Ninjatrader, I would be very grateful for any help!

Comment

Hello kebabman,

Thanks for your reply.

I am testing this on my end and it appears that due to the way the CFD symbols are mapped (the same mapping as the stock symbols) these are not supported with this connection at this time due to this limitation.

You should be able to use the stock instrument instead, however.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Would it be possible to add US stock CFD functionality as a feature request please?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I'll submit a vote for this feature request to the Development Team for stock CFD support. The Feature Request tracking number for this is SFT-319.

When/if this feature request is implemented, you will find the number listed:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Hi Sorry for the intrusion but
                    I have a question that I think is relevant to this thread as I am going through the same experience
                    I was going through the Interactive Brokers API's

and i don't believe the CFD symbols are mapped the same

example

FX Pairs
                    Contract contract = new Contract();
                    contract.Symbol = "EUR";
                    contract.SecType = "CASH";
                    contract.Currency = "GBP";
                    contract.Exchange = "IDEALPRO";

Stocks
                    contract.Symbol = "IBKR";
                    contract.SecType = "STK";
                    contract.Currency = "USD";
                    //In the API side, NASDAQ is always defined as ISLAND in the exchange field
                    contract.Exchange = "ISLAND";

CFDs
                    contract.Symbol = "IBDE30";
                    contract.SecType = "CFD";
                    contract.Currency = "EUR";
                    contract.Exchange = "SMART";

When I create my instrument in ninjatrader I noticed connecting to the exchanges are different and IDEALPRO ,ISLAND are available from the drop down menu but SMART is not.
                    so my question is. If you were to connect to the SMART exchange wouldn't that fixed the problem ?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Since this issue is based on the master symbol mapping being the same as the forex instruments, this is not supported regardless of the exchange the API using.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Can someone please update me on the feature request from Marco above. Feature Request tracking number for this is SFT-319, it's been a few years, could you please advise if this is something that has been done as the link to track requests just goes to release notes.

Comment

Hello sjmuk1​,
                          Thank you for your post.

SFT-319 has not been implemented into the NinjaTrader platform yet. You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented. I unfortunately do not have a timeline as to when this feature request will be implemented in the platform.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                          Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Christopher_R  
                          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                          166 responses
                          0 likes