Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Profile ETH Only

Hello,

My goal here is to have two profiles each day, one for ETH and one for RTH. In this case I'm trying to get the blue to be ETH and purple to be RTH. When I select these hours in the settings, it doesn't end up working like that because it appears that the ETH includes RTH.

Is there a way to make ETH be ETH only, aside from manually drawing the volume profile?

Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I believe what you are trying to accomplish is to display the RTH and then the Hours after the RTH as separate colors.

To do this you will need to create a Trading Hours template that is only the extended trading hours not including the RTH.

You may do this by going to the Control Center > Tools > Trading hours.

Below I have included a link to our NinjaTrader Help Guide on the Trading Hours window for your reference:
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am trying to do the same exact thing as discussed here. But I am experiencing problems. Here is my requirement:

I need to plot my chart based on Overnight Session Only for CME Index Futures which is from 4:30 PM EST up to the next day 9:29 AM EST. I am aware that I would need to create a template and when I go through this workflow and entered all the days with times, I was getting an error. So I need more help in creating a template so that I can see charts or Market Profile or Volume Profile just for Overnight Session. Is there any existing template that exists already? The ETH (Electronic Trading Hours) template includes both Overnight and Regular Trading Hours. Please point me in the right direction and provide me with the steps. Thank you

Comment

I am good. I was able to create a template as per your instructions.

Comment

The NT VP indicator does not recognise individual sessions. It seems to be built around EOD.
          I have created a Trading Hours template which has two sessions per day. However the Vol Profile indy ignores them and will only plot once per day.
          It won't plot two vol profiles per single day even though there are two sessions in the trading hours template.

(I also use another trading platform where you can plot the VP indy on both sessions per day - which is what traders need!)

Are you able to please fix this NT because the POC and VAL extension lines based on one VP Indy of one session, won't stop when they intersect a VP indy which is based on a different session - see image.

Thanks
          Click image for larger version

Name:	VP_issue.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	1231286

Comment

Hello globaljobber,

Unfortunately a trading hours template that contains 2 sessions per day will not plot 2 volume profiles per day as you report.

You can add 2 data series in 1 chart - one data series that uses a RTH trading hours template and the other data series that uses a ETH trading hours template. Then apply the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator on each data series. You can find more information on working with multiple data series in a chart at the link below.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes