Permanently change columns in Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanently change columns in Strategy Analyzer

Please let me know how I permanently get rid of some columns in Strategy Analyzer. I have tried everything I can think of and see no help on the forums or help documentation. I have tried dsaving in the properties but the next strategy whether new or old just resets the columns.Thank you.

Hello TomTownsend,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please try the following steps:
    • Right-click in the Strategy Analyzer and select Properties
    • Adjust the column settings to your desired values
    • In the bottom-right corner, click on "preset" and then "save" to make your current settings the default for any future strategies
    • Click OK to save your changes
    The help guide section below includes the available properties and a screenshot showing the preset option in the bottom corner.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick response. As noted, saving doesn't permanently change these parameters. When I open it to run the next strategy its just as it was before each time. Spending hours each day cleaning up the columns so they are legible and printable. Is there a permanent fix for this?

Comment

Hello TomTownsend,

Thank you for the update.

I would just like to double-check with you - are you simply saving the parameters by clicking OK in the parameters box, or are you also setting the preset and clicking save? For example, I created a video below where I removed the first two columns on the Analysis (# and Period) then saved them. I closed the Strategy Analyzer and then opened it, and the columns were there again. Next, I removed the columns again and also saved it as the preset. Once I closed the Strategy Analyzer and opened it again, it remembered the preset without those two columns.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thanks for making the video. Now I see what's going on better. I can replicate what you did for the "analysis" section, but its the "log" section I keep trying to clean up and it doesn't hold. For example, not matter how many times I've saved deleting "parameters" and saved it, it's back as soon as I run another search of anything new.

Comment

Correction, I wrote "log" but I meant the "results" section.

Comment

Hello TomTownsend,

Thank you for your reply.

I have created another video where I removed the 'Parameters' from the Results columns and then saved it as a preset. Please perform these same steps as follows:
              • Right-click in your Strategy Analyzer and select Properties
              • In the Columns - Results dropdown, locate Parameters and uncheck the box
              • Click 'Apply' to apply your changes
              • Select preset in the bottom-right corner and click save
              • Click OK to save your changes

If the issue persists after following the steps above, please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may further assist you. If possible, please include "ATTN: Emily" in the subject line and also provide the link to this forum post in the body of your email.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello TomTownsend,

My apologies; I forgot to include the link for the new video. Here it is:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses