Failover to a backup watchdog machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failover to a backup watchdog machine

Most recently I was in the MetaTrader Forex world, in which unlimited connections can
    be made to the server. So a "watchdog" system on a different dedicated machine
    could be constantly available to take over the primary system.

However, in Futures, connections are very restrictive. I've got NinjaTrader with the Rithmic
    Order routing and Market Data; and I'm looking for advice on a failover system. These
    are dedicated servers in a data center; so are as reliable as possible.

I could have the secondary system monitor a reliability signal; and in the event of failure,
    cause the primary NinjaTrader instance to be killed; and immediately spawn a copy which
    could resume processing on the failover system -- somehow. The "one and only one
    connection" approach...

Would a good approach be to somehow purchase the right to have 2 Globex futures
    connections into the same account, so that the failover could be a "hot monitor" of the primary?

Just looking for advice, both technical and brokerage related. There must be a subset
    of traders doing full automation, so if anybody can give me some ideas, I'd appreciate
    it. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Hello Hyper,

Thank you for your post.

The CME assesses market data fees per individual platform. This is why you can only connect to your account data feed from one platform at a time.

If you would like to connect to your account from two machines at the same time, then you would need a second market data connection for your brokerage account. You can contact your broker directly to see if it would be possible to request a second market data feed so you can access your account from two separate computers at the same time.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post kempotrader  
    Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post kempotrader