Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price on charts frozen, but 'Basic Entry' price updating fine

Hi,

I'm having an issue whereby the price for certain (seemingly random) stock tickers are not updating on charts after the initial chart load. Even more perplexing is that while the charts aren't updating their prices, a 'Basic Entry' window for these very same tickers shows updating prices just fine. Similarly, other tickers/futures show price updates on charts just fine.

Very perplex on how to proceed, so TYIA for any help.

Hello Calebg,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: FORUM 2732982 ATTN Heath

Thank you I'll await your reply.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Heath. Please note that in today's logs you'll see some clearly-nonsense tickers (e.g., too many characters etc) - please just disregard these, this was merely me fooling around trying to troubleshoot. The specific tickers that have not been updating their charts (but are updating their 'Basic Entry' windows) are QQQ and TSLA.

Comment

Hello Calebg,

Thank you for that information. I'll continue to work with you over email in our support ticket then update the thread here once we've discovered a solution.

Please look for that email reply shortly.

Comment

Hello Calebg,

Thank you for working with me.

We determined that this is likely caused by the version of IB Gateway you're using on your machine, or that the version is configured incorrectly.

Using Interactive Brokers as a connection with NinjaTrader 8 requires a specific version of IB Gateway to be installed and running on your computer. Using NinjaTrader 8 with any other version of the TWS platform will result in unexpected behavior as these versions are not supported.

For your reference, the following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.
          Please feel free to write in if you need any additional assistance.

Comment

Sorry to say, I woke up this morning and this issue is back for me. Price not updating on the charts for some tickers (seems totally random, which ones - no rhyme or reason apparent).
            Last edited by Calebg; 09-09-2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Please send me a fresh copy of your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:2733043 ATTN Heath

Comment

Email sent, thanks PatrickG.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno
                by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM