Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with 65 Minute Bar Chart

Hi,

I prefer to trade on a 65 minute chart but for whatever reason I am having inconsistencies and wrong start/end times for when the bar should open & close. For example when I go to Data Series and change days to load to 100 days my bar timer indicator will say for example 30 minutes until the bar closes. When I go back and change it to 50 days to load, my candlestick chart looks different and my bar timer says 1:05 hrs until bar closes. So on and so forth doesn't matter how many days I put to load it always changes.

When I change my value to 60 minutes and switch between days to load it all stays the same like it should. When I compare the 65 minute chart to TOS its completely different.

This is on the ES CME US Index Futures ETH. NT8

Thanks

First, I'd like to eliminate any possibility that your local PC clock may be out of sync and contributing to this symptom. Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Date, Time, and regional formatting' -> Then click 'Additional date, time, and regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

Is 'Break at EOD' enabled or disabled in the data series settings?

Comment

I have successfully updated the PC clock & rebooted Ninja and reloaded historical data.

I checked EOD (Was not checked before) and it solved my issue to where I can now switch between different days to load and it all stays the same which is good.

The only issue I now have is that their is a discrepancy between TOS and Ninja on the 65 minute time frame (No issues with 60 minute it is all the same) To where on TOS for example the first full candle of the trading day begins at 9:40AM EST and ends at 10:45AM. and on Ninja it begins at 10:15AM and ends at 11:20AM. I did try reloading historical data.

I know I keep comparing to TOS but I have used that platform a lot. Also I am not sure if their is a standard between all platforms on the 65 minute time frame on where they choose to start and end the candles. (I doubt it but)

8.0.22.2 64-bit

Thanks

Comment

To clarify, the 'CME US Index Futures ETH' trading hours template begins at 1700 Central Time. The current ETH session began yesterday afternoon and will end this afternoon at 1600 US Central Time. This means that the first 65-minute candle has a timestamp of 1805 US Central Time and then bars continue until the session ends at 1600 US Central Time. What time are the trading hours beginning in Think or Swim? Do the bars in Think or Swim have a similar property to toggle 'Break at EOD' on/off?

Comment

It appears the trading hours are the same in TOS but it looks like they literally use the gap between 1700 through 1800 as part of a bar so you never really get a clean stop and new day fresh start like ninja does, if that makes any sense. They do have a "show extended hours trading session" and when I unchecked that then there is a gap in the chart between 24000 though 800, I have it checked.

I guess it is what it is. I will just stop looking at the TOS chart and use NT8,

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          15 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
          1 response
          0 likes