Drawing objects moving around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing objects moving around

I am having an issue with drawing objects specifically trend lines moving around.
    for example I draw a trend line and its on the chart for maybe 10 minutes, when a new candle begins to print it will "bump/move one end of the trend line from its position about a tick or half a tick.
    sometimes this happens in a number of smaller "bumps while i'm watching it. the trend line is not active or highlighted and it can happen to any trend line in the area.

Hello 860cam,

Can you please double click a trend line right after you draw it in the chart. This opens the properties menu for the line. Click "Data" to see start and end time/y-value. I suggest to take a screenshot or write it down.

Wait for a new price candle and check the Data values in the line properties menu. Do you still see the same values or are they different?

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Jason,

I have had the same issues with my drawings (especially diagonal lines and channels) moving when any adjustment to the x and y scales is made by zooming in or out. As you suggested in your previous post, I took note of the y values in the data boxes and they seem to stay the same, however on the chart you can see that the line has clearly moved as it cuts price at a different place. Sometimes as much as two to three ticks?

Comment

Hello hkoschade,

Thank you for your post.

In order to properly assist you further, can you please write in to our support team discussing what errors you are facing at platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.

We look forward to assisting you.
        Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello - was this ever resolved? My drawings on the chart move quite frequently and it's pretty bothersome. Especially long ranged rays - being off just a little makes a huge impact. Not sure why after a few minutes some of my drawings shift slightly.

Comment

Hello bshiggin86,

Thank you for your post.

We are happy to look into this further with you. Can you please write in to our support team discussing what errors you are facing at platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.

We look forward to assisting you. Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader!​

Comment

I notice that they move after just one click .. I am trying to move the chart in to view and it ends up moving my drawings. How do i make it so that in order to move drawing it takes to clicks or simply just adds on one step if i want to move drwing.

Comment

It will move if you draw on a future canvas. Here is good explanation. I don't know why NT stuff don't wanna talk about this, It really messes drawings up. I have been wondering about this issue for years.

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you for continuing this post!

I have confirmed that the information from the linked post from Leeroy_Jerkins is correct. When drawing objects, you want to ensure you are drawing all points of the drawing object within times that have already been plotted on the chart.

If you draw an anchor point in the future, it is more likely to move and adjust as the data that builds that part of the chart is coming in and needing to rescale the view to keep the plotting data series correct.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to respond on here or email us at platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com ! Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader!

Comment

click drawing and right click to "activate drawing" is what think or swim does. guessing this is what they decided on doing to mitigate the problems ninja traders users are having.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Waxavi
                    by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes