Move license to new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move license to new computer

Am I able to move my lifetime license to another computer or do I need to contact ninjatrader to be able to transfer?

Wasn't sure if they have to change the machine id or something.

Thank you

Hello sdauteuil,

Thank you for your message.

You may use your License Key on as many computers as you would like, however you may not trade with it on more than one PC at a time. If you would like to trade with NinjaTrader on two PC's at once, two different Live License Keys would be required.
    You will also need to contact your brokerage to see if they allow for more than one live login at a time.

If you are using NinjaTrader Continuum, only a single live login is allowed at a time by default, but the NinjaTrader Brokerage can set up a second login for you to use simultaneously with your current one.

You may reach out to the NinjaTrader Brokerage at [email protected]

When it comes to the machine ID, NinjaTrader 8 would detect if you restored a backup file onto a different PC. If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

If you simply go to Control Center > Help > License Key and copy your key from there to input into the other computer, you shouldn't experience any of the above behaviors related to a change in machine ID.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask them here.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

"If you simply go to Control Center > Help > License Key and copy your key from there to input into the other computer, you shouldn't experience any of the above behaviors related to a change in machine ID".

Ah, what if you can't access the license key from your old computer?

Comment

Okay, just went through trying to import my lic key on the NT site and it said it could not import the lic key. I had to do it by hand instead of copy/paste as I have it down on paper but not from copy/paste from my old computer. It said to contact support. So yeah.

Comment

And yes, I do have a new machine # if that means anything.

Comment

Never mind. I figured it out. I didn't have multiple connections on. NT did move my stuff over to the new computer. :-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by giulyko00, Today, 12:03 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post giulyko00  
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            12 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DrakeiJosh