When I opened NT8 it said I have a new machine id number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I opened NT8 it said I have a new machine id number

Hello, I was having computer problems with windows 10 and got it sorted out but when I opened NT8 it said my machine id number was changed.
    I also got message boxes that my purchased indicators were voided and to contact the vendors to update my new machine id number.
    Is there a way to get my old machine-id restored. Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your post. If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

Please copy and paste your license key into your platform. To do this, go to the Control Center > Help > License key.

Additionally, once you have added your License key, you will need to add your username and password back into your account connection. To do this, go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select your connection > Enter the username and password > OK. If you do not have this information, please contact your broker directly.

If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM