Problem connecting after re-install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem connecting after re-install.

I was having problems with the platform not loading indicators and continuous dropped connections so I decided to re-install. Had a problem with the re-install but fixed it by renaming the previous NT8 folder: NT8OLD--so that worked. But then when I tried to re-establish my connection thru Rithmic, it doesn't give me the connection option I need which is: Rithmic01Chicago. I was able to connect thru RithmicChicagoPaperTrading for a few hours which I knew was wrong but I really wanted to get my charts loaded and indicators installed, so I figured I would fix the connection issue later. However, when I tried to open up NT8 again I got the error message: 'There can be only one instance of NT running. etc..' When I look at the config file under the NT8OLD folder, is lists the Rithmic01Chicago connection I need and the new NT8 config file shows the wrong one. Also, neither copy connects at start up if that helps. How can I log out of the old NT8 so it is not 'running' and free up the connection I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This may indicate the broker key has not yet been re-entered. Please go to Help > License key to verify the live key is entered. The @SIM key will need replaced to enable specific connection settings.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply. The license key had already been re-entered to replace the @SIM key. I double-checked just now to make sure it is correct and it is. As a matter of fact, I was just now able to connect thru RithmicPaperTrading again. But it is the wrong connection. Anything else I can do? Thanks.

Comment

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Include ticket number 2742635 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sent. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post samish18