Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text Size and Crashing

I have two questions that are unrelated:

1. Is there a way to keep text from scaling on the chart? I'd prefer it to stay the same so if I zoom out it doesn't take up a huge portion of the screen, thanks.

2. NT8's chart keeps freezing randomly. It's happened when adding a Keltner Channel, when I changed the settings to an already added indicator and when I cleared all drawing objects. It freezes and the only thing that works is to run task manager and kill it. Today it froze and after restarting my pc (some dll process error) it lost my entire saved workspace. Any idea what's causing this? It's only been happening recently.

Hello JustinOfNazareth,

Thank you for your post.

1. I do not experience the same behavior that you are describing with text on my chart. When I zoom in and out, it stays the same size and in the same position. Do you mind sharing an image of what you are referring to so that I may better assist you with this portion of the inquiry?

2. Performance related issues can occur due to a variety of different factors.To get a better look at what may be occurring, we will need more details. Please send me your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2746136 ATTN Zachary
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sure Zachary, I've attached some screenshots. Auto scale is turned off and enabling "Lock" doesn't affect the scaling. I also sent you the log and trace files
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello JustinOfNazareth,

Thank you for sending your files and for the screenshots.

In regards to your inquiry about the text, I don't know if I am fully understanding the issue that you are encountering. To me, it looks as I would expect it to. The font size is same and the text remains in the same location. Are you wanting the size of the font to adjust as you zoom in and out?

Comment

I would like it to not scale inverse to the size of the bars, if I write a note on the chart and "zoom out" then the text will scale larger as the rest of the chart scales smaller, in order to see more bars, making the text overlap candlesticks. I assumed it would be a simple tick box somewhere but if it's not an easy fix it isn't a big deal, I'll just suck it up.

Comment

Hello JustinOfNazareth,

Thank you for your reply.

What you are noticing is that the text remains a static size while the size of your bars and lines change size in accordance with how far in or out you've zoomed. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to have the text adjust in this way but I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Comment

Thank you Zachary, I appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM