Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to remove (hide) fills in a chart related to sim account

Hi all,

I know how to hide text+marker fills in a chart but I'm looking for a solution that will hide the fills from the sim account at all.

My goal is simple:

I want to get the fills shown in my chart that were done on my real trading account.
    I do not want get the fills shown in my chart that were initiiated from Ninjatraders' simulation account.

how can this be accomplished? any help appreciated.

Hello patricia70,

Unfortunately there is no setting to disable only simulation executions in charts. You could reset the Sim101 account to remove all trade history of the Sim101 account, so its executions do not appear in charts.

Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account:
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    • Press the "Reset" button
    So to prevent the simulation executions from appearing in charts, you would reset the Sim101 account each time after you traded in simulation.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason and many thanks for your quick reply. Thanks for your suggestion but it seems I accidently found a working solution

When I enable the chart trader for my chart I can choose the account on the right chart trader pane. When I switch to my real account the fills are not displayed. When I switch to the sim account it shows me the fills related to the sim account. That's exactly what I wanted to see. So no need to reset the sim account at all.

Could you verify if this a working solution, did I miss anything important?

The next question would be: what happens to Ninjatrader8 FREE license users who cannot use the chart trading at all? is there an option to link a chart to a certain account? let's say John Doe didn't purchase NT8, he's using the Ninjatrader8 FREE platform (direct license, no fees, just the NT brokerage account for trading). He cannot click the button "Chart Trader" because it's greyed out. How can he link his opened chart to the SIM1 account, or his NTB account or whatever account?

looking forward to your reply.

Comment

Sorry, I should have suggested that to you first. Yes, you can exclude the simulation executions by selecting your live account in ChartTrader. This is a better solution than resetting the simulation account.

Unfortunately I don't see a way to tie an account to a chart when ChartTrader is not available (due to the free license that excludes ChartTrader). You could reset the simulation account.

Comment

Hi again. I guess I can answer/solve that question, too users who didn't purchase NT8 (free/direct license) can accomplish this by opening the SuperDOM under "Control Center" --> "New" --> "SuperDOM (Dynamic)". This window is accessible for them and there you find also the tab [Account] where the user can toggle Sim101 or the real trading account.

Now that we've found two ways to link an account to a chart ... if anyone is aware of more possibilites to link a chart view to an account, please let us know.

Hope this helps! have a nice day and good trades

Comment

If you toggle between the Sim101 and live account in the SuperDOM that is windowlinked to a chart, do you see different executions in the chart? I tested it with 2 simulation accounts, however when I switch the account in the SuperDOM, it does not change the executions in the chart.

So I did some trades in one simulation account and then selected the other simulation account in the SuperDOM, but the same executions were still displayed in the chart.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 09-17-2020, 07:55 AM.

Comment

you're right, just double-checked. I missed that, maybe I confused something when writing this. So to summarize --> only the work-around through the Chart Trader will work as explained in #3

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielSanMartin  
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888