Massive error while trading live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive error while trading live

I was running an automated ATM strategy for 2 days and everything seems to be going fine. until 3 o'clock in the morning
    from what I understand. It triggered for another reversal and started doing weird stuff that I'm trying to get to the bottom of
    started to submit unwanted orders
    increasing order quantity from 30,000 to 1.5 million
    one of the orders stands out a bit more than the rest it was meant to be a limit order set to be 9 pips away
    but started buying in at market. brute forcing like it was in a loop. locking up the chart not being able to close it down
    I've tried replicating it in playback but everything seems to be fine
    looking through the orders and report nothing really makes sense the order ID, strategy, names, order quantity, action,type
    don't look right and don't match

being a live account this error cost me a lot and drove my account way down before I could close it down and stop it
    I'd like to try and understand exactly what happened so it doesn't happen again

Hello oz187,

Thank you for the post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2749274 ATTN Melissa

Please also provide answers to the following questions so we may most accurately assist you:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Were these simulated or live trades? If live, who is your broker?
    • What instrument were you trading?
    • When did this most recently occur?
    • What Order ID was assigned to this order? You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses