StockTwits share services error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StockTwits share services error

I am trying to connect to stocktwits and i get unhandled exception: DialogResult can be set only after Window is created and shown as dialog.
    Attached Files

Hello ballboy11,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2749359" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello,

Until the new NT version will be released you can do the following workaround:

Change the code in the following file:

Code:
      C:\Users\username\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ShareServices\@StockTwits.cs
      Replace line 199:

Code:
      authWin.Close();
      with this snippet:

Code:
      if (e.Uri.Fragment != "") {
      authWin.Close();
      }
      Then open the StockTwits in NinjaScript Editor and press F5 to compile. Note: NT license needed.

Comment

hekito, I see the changes you suggest in the new version in the StockTwitsPlus.cs file

The issue I see in top post image is the Stock Twits user neme is greyed out and you cannot even enter your user name before the connection process.

I have had this for 3 years

Any suggestions
        Thanks DTSSTS

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your note.

Please write in to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with a brief description of your inquiry, a screenshot of the error, and attach your log and trace files to your email using the steps below. A technician will be happy to assist you as soon as they are available.
          • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
          • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
          Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so we may investigate this matter further.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.​
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have done all that for the last 3 years. And three times this year. Thought I would try something different. Current tech is Gabby V and she has log and trace from yesterday. For 3 years the input area to type in the user name is greyed out. It quit working about 3 years ago. So recently I deleted the Stocktwits profile and tried to create a new one and the box is greyed out. So no name to Connect. Connect box also goes to a 404 not found page which could be cause by the lack of a user name

OK I am seeing that the user name is suppose to be greyed out, IF you try to create a twitter connections the user name is not entered until the app reaches out to twitter to authorize.

So the Stocktwits just never connect because it is sent to a website 404 NOT found page, the page displayed does indicate that the app is reaching the website but looking for the wrong page on stocktwits I suppose
            Last edited by DTSSTS; 04-17-2023, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your note.

After further research, StockTwits is no longer supported for use on the NinjaTrader 8 platform which is why you are seeing the behavior you are reporting.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post GLFX005
              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
              2 responses