Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol set-up CQG for FOAT FBTP and FXXP Eurex Futures

Hello
    I can't set up the above future contracts in Ninjatrader (ie: Futures for French and Italian Bonds and STOXX 600)
    is there anyone who could walk me through it or an online manual?

my attempt today: add the symbol "FOAT" in "instruments"
    then add "FOAT 12-20" to "instrument list"
    result: error...

....Click image for larger version

Name:	20200918_100109.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1118797
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Eggsigino,

Thank you for your note.

While this instrument isn't available in the database by default, I would suspect it can be added and loaded successfully so long as your account is enabled for this data.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
      • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
      • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
      • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
      • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
      • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
      • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
      • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
      • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
      • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
      • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
      • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
      • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
      • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
      • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
      • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
      • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

May I ask you to add the STOXX Europe 600 Index Futures (FXXP) to your data base?

The STOXX Europe 600 is the European equivalent of the S&P 500.

As measured by the number of contracts traded per day, FXXP is the second most liquid index future traded on EUREX - well ahead of FDAX.

I believe it should be included with the NinjaTrader preconfigured instruments anyhow.

Comment

Hello Harry,

Thank you for your message.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thank you for your patience.
          Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Harry,

Thank you for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3286. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Feel free to write to us with any additional questions you may have.

Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes