Weird chart trader glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird chart trader glitch

Hello, I'm having an odd glitch with my chart trader while paper trading and I'm nervous for this to happen while using real money. I use a simple ATM strategy with a stop and a target. What happens is when I enter a position, sometimes the displayed PnL changes during the trade as if I took an opposite position. For example, when going short I'll use a limit order to enter the trade, and lets say the trade goes in my favor. The PnL will start out displaying the proper profit value but all of a sudden switch to a negative value as if I took the long side and the trade did not go in my favor. The target and limit orders remain in the same place, I am not entering the wrong side by accident. The trades also usually seem to display properly in my trade performance window after the fact, but the problem is that when NT displays the incorrect PnL, I can't manage my trades properly. I can't move my stop to break even because I will get the notification that I can't move past the market price. Any clues how to fix this? Should I just repair NT? I feel like I do that a lot. It's not fun to lose a trade because of a glitch preventing me from managing the trade. Thank you in advance.

Hello augustfay,

Thank you for the post.

We would need a bit more information about your system to determine the cause of this behavior. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2753423 ATTN Melissa

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
    Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes