Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Objects/Tools

Hi All,
    Newbie, so apologies for basic questions!
    How do I create a drawing object that I can repeatedly use and reference across all of my charts?
    As an example, when I create a horizontal line object to be used in all charts, if I add a new horizontal line to the chart, through drawing tools, it generates a second, third..., horizontal line drawing object, instead of referring to the original one.
    How do I access/reference the original horizontal line object that I created, or is this simply not possible?
    Please bear in mind I'm not a techie but have a very basic level of coding knowledge, so I'd be most grateful if your answers are as 'basic' as possible.
    Many thanks, Jarod

Hello Jarod,

No worries, we are happy to help out.

If you like a drawing object to be displayed in all charts of the same instrument, please double click the drawing object to see its properties and set 'Attach to' to 'instrument name (All charts)'. Subsequently the drawing object will be displayed in all charts that have the same instrument selected.

Sorry I'm not quite sure if I follow. If you have an existing horizontal line and add another horizontal line, it will add another horizontal line. I'm not sure why it should refer to the original horizontal line if you add another horizontal line.

You can access any drawing object by double clicking it. This will open the Drawing Objects window with the drawing object selected that you double clicked.

Please feel free to send me any additional questions you may have.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your feedback! I'll try to explain a little clearer with screenshots:

Ninja1: I've added my first horizontal line (@Horizontal Line 28) and set the properties to 'Attach to all charts'.

Ninja2: My assumption is that when I add a 2nd, 3rd, 4th... horizontal line, Ninja would reference/use @Horizontal Line 28 and automatically apply all of the same properties. However, when I click properties on the 2nd horizontal line it's generated a new horizontal line (@Horizontal Line 29) and is set to only attach to the EURUSD 27 Min chart. I then have to edit the properties again to 'Attach to all charts'.

Does this mean I have to go through the same process whenever I add a new horizontal line i.e. I have to edit the properties every single time. I assumed that Ninja would automatically use (@Horizontal Line 28) and therefore apply all the same properties every time I add a new horizontal line which would already be set to 'Attach to all charts'.

Am I missing something or doing something incorrectly?

Hope this clarifies a bit better!

Many thanks,

Jarod

Comment

Hello Jarod,

Thank you for clarifying.

Once setup to (All charts) in the Drawing Objects window, please click template-->save in the lower right corner. Subsequently click the "Save as Default" button in the new window that comes up. Any subsequent horizontal line you draw will have (All charts) selected.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Rapine Heihei  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM
        1 response