stop entry ATI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop entry ATI

Is there an efficient way to set up stop order entries whether market or limit? Or is it just right clicking & scrolling to select, that seems time consuming. I have my ATI already setup, is there something in there that I missed?

thanks

Hello tcea9,

To ensure we understood your question correctly, are you referring to an ATI (Automated Trading Interface) or an ATM (Automated Trade Management)?

How do you currently submit these orders?

Thank you in advance, we're looking forward to your reply!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, I meant ATM. I currently enter my stop entries by right clicking on the interface & select from there

thanks you

Comment

Hello tcea9,

Thank you very much for the additional information.

Using an ATM, you may use a pre-determined offset to automatically create Profit Target and Stop Loss orders, these would be submitted automatically.

Only the entry order would have to be submitted manually, although it is irrelevant whether this would happen via limit or market order.

A very good resource that explains how to set ATM strategies up and how the orders are submitted may be found in our free webinar on this subject.

While you may join the webinar directly at https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformTraining, we also have recordings of these webinars that might answer most of the ATM-related questions. I've linked two recordings below:

ATM 201 (30 minutes)
        ATM 301 (45 minutes)

Last but not least, if you would like us to schedule a remote session with you and assist you in person, please send us a brief email to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. We would be more than happy to assist you further!

Comment

Thanks for response but does any of this include stop market entry or stop limit entry orders?

thank you

Comment

The entry order would have to be submitted before the ATM would kick in, however, it would not matter how this order is submitted.

If you prefer a more direct method, the "Basic Entry" window might be of interest, this, together with the ChartTrader and SuperDOM is another way to submit orders.

As it greatly favors direct entry of the price it might work better for you.

Further information about the direct entry and how to submit custom orders may be found in our HelpGuide on this subject.

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

I looked into the simulated stop order option & it seems like you can only use it with the SuperDOM which is not available in the free version

Comment

Hello tcea9,

You can place a Simulated Stop Order from any of NinjaTrader's order entry windows. For example, here is a link to the Help Guide article on placing Simulated Stop Orders from Chart Trader:Please note that ATM Strategies and Simulated Stop Orders will only be available for live trading if you purchase or lease a license key.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

thank you, ill check it out

Comment

I looked through it, so you're saying that I can only set up the simulated order on chart trader if I go live? The ATM is still useful on the free playback version. Id like to play with the simulated order feature before I go live

thanks

Comment

Hello tcea9,

You should still be able to use nearly all features of our platform as long as the original SIM-license is set up.

While this would keep you from accessing live accounts, it does offer the full ATM Strategy package.

If you do not see these options please let us know, ideally through the platform directly as we would then also receive your log & trace files and can assess the situation best.

To contact us through the platform please click on Help > Email Support.

To ensure we can quickly associate it with this conversation, please mention "ATTN Manfred 2755988" in the message.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

ok, I believe my original 2 week free license trial expired, I'm not even signed in when I use NT8, I just download the historical data & use the playback connection for now. I'm gonna have to sign up for another 2 week trial soon

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DJ888
                          by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                          7 responses