Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Globex time inputs for ES eastern time... how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• csrote
    replied
    Above, Customer Service wrote, "NinjaTrader will automatically convert the Trading Hours template time zone to your PC's time zone (or the time zone set within NinjaTrader in the Control Center > Tools > Options window)."

I am located in eastern time. PC time is Eastern.
    Control Center > Tools > Options > Time Zone = Eastern.

Does this mean that I did not need to create my own Custom Template to get Globex Trading Hours in the Eastern time zone?
    I could have just used the Default Setting?

(Please see attached image.)Click image for larger version

Name:	CME GLOBEX Settings.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1256248

Leave a comment:

• csrote
    replied
    Above, Customer Service wrote, "NinjaTrader will automatically convert the Trading Hours template time zone to your PC's time zone (or the time zone set within NinjaTrader in the Control Center > Tools > Options window)."

I am located in eastern time. PC time is Eastern.
    Control Center > Tools > Options > Time Zone = Eastern.

Does this mean that I did not need to create my own Custom Template to get Globex Trading Hours in the Eastern time zone?
    I could have just used the Default Setting?

(Please see attached image.)Click image for larger version

Name:	CME GLOBEX Settings.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1256240

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    By Default, most charts will use the ETH (AKA Globex) hours. For example, ES uses the 'CME US Index Futures ETH' trading hours template which begins at 1800ET/1700CT Sunday-Thursday and ends at 1700ET/1600CT Monday through Friday:

In other words, I would expect your charts to already be reflecting an 1800ET open for US futures in most cases since NinjaTrader will automatically convert the Trading Hours template time zone to your PC's time zone (or the time zone set within NinjaTrader in the Control Center > Tools > Options window).

Can you elaborate further on what start/end time you're seeing on your charts when you leave the Trading Hours as '<use instrument settings>' in your chart's Data Series settings?

Leave a comment:

• auto112112
    replied
    I am in the east coast. My bars are not matching a service I'm using. There setting is of an opening and closing of Globex hours. They want me to update my time setting to match there's. There only telling me Golbex opens at 1800 ET.

I don't know how under trading hours "monday-sunday" how to setup opening and closing hrs.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    What time zone is your PC clock set to?

Please clarify - are you wanting to switch the entire NinjaTrader platform to show data/timestamps as if it was in US ET? If not, could you elaborate further on what you're trying to accomplish?

Leave a comment:

• Globex time inputs for ES eastern time... how to?

Need help in setting up Globex ES eastern time start and end times. Could someone help me with a screen shot on Ninja 8? Thank you

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post LawrenHom  
Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post love2code2trade