Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ
    replied
    Unfortunately what you have described is not currently available. The only option we currently have with the ATM Strategy with this example is to have the additional contract(s) Profit Target get combined with the existing Profit Target at the 10020 then manually modify the Profit Target to the desired price of 10011.

Leave a comment:

• Alberto82
    replied
    Thanks Christopher,

I think what I'm trying to get is something different. for example:

I have a target of 400 dolars y nasdaq and the price is at 10000. I take a long position so my take profit will be at 10020 (20 pips x 20 dolars=400). when the price is at 10002 I add another long contract, but still want my 400 dolar profit for the whole operation. so the take profit for both longs will change to 10011 (11x20+9x20=400). The issue is that I use a profit for the day (400 dolars) so I would like to close all teh operationa when this profit is reached.

I hope I make myself understood with the example.

Is this possible to be done automatically?

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ
    replied
    Hello Alberto82,

To clarify when scaling in to your position do you want the addition contract(s) to get their own Stop Loss and Profit Target based on their entry price location as opposed to being added to the existing Stop Loss and Profit Target?

If so please use the following steps to change your ATM Strategy selection mode.
    • Right click in in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader
    • Properties
    • ATM Strategy selection mode
    • Choose "Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission" from the dropdown window
    • Click Ok

I have included a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the different ATM Strategy Selection Modes.

Leave a comment:

• How to use a fixed Take Profit for the complete position

I would like toknow if it is possible ot open a possition with a certain take profit on pips o currency, but when new possitions are added, mantain the take profit for the whole position. I mean, I open a long position with a TP of 20 pips and 2 pips higher I open another one. As I whant that the complete position TP will be 20 pips, the final TP will be 11 pips over the first entrance.

I don`t know if I explain my self correctly, sorry about that

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
13 responses
0 likes
Last Post frankthearm