Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No graphic refresh through remote desktop

Hi,

I'm connecting to my computer through remote access (Teamviewer, Chrome remote...) and I'm experiencing problems with the chart windows, but only with the windows showing charts. They do not show any price nor graphic. If I select the window with the mouse, to move it, then it shows the graph as long as I'm picking it, but as soon as I release the window, the graphic dissapears.

Windows showing text (editor, control center, etc) show no problem.

It is not a matter of band width, as I can even watch a film.

Maybe it is related with some hardware acceleration through the graphic card?

Reading how to improve similar issues with remote desktops, I learnt that I have to disable this option in the teamviewer or remote chrome options. It is now much better for the rest programs, but NT continous showing this issue.

Do you have an explanation?, What can I do?

Thanks!

Hello artson,

I assume you experience the issue only when using remote access.

Am I correct you always experienced this issue or were you able to use charts successful before using remote access?

When you remotely access your computer, do you have NinjaTrader already running? If so, please try a restart of NinjaTrader via remote access (if not already) and check if this will make a difference.

I searched the web and came across the publicly available link below from Teamviewer.

It seems to be a similar issue. The solution listed involves the monitor. Is it possible to have the monitor always on or perhaps you can test it with a different monitor (if available)?

If possible, try connecting the monitor in another way. Could it be you have an energy savings setting for your graphic card?

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, this issue happens only when I'm using remote access.

I've tried starting NT from remote, but the problem is the same.

Yes, I did find another site about some "hardware acceleration" issue. It must be a thing from the monitor and/or graphic card.
      It is strage because I can watch a video in remote......, but it seems the NT chart window gives the calculation to the graphic card and the problem comes through it.

Thanks a lot for the tip!

Comment

Hi all!

I've found a solution.
        The problem was some programs (NT) will work under the GPU, and for the GPU to run it needs a Monitor, so it makes it difficult to work in remote.

There are some cheap "dummy HDMI" connectors, that tell the GPU there is a monitor (virtual), and so you solve the issue with the GPU working.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred