Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Has NinjaTrader Version 8.0.22.2 been quietly pulled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has NinjaTrader Version 8.0.22.2 been quietly pulled?

I cannot see any announcement about that. I have been having all kinds of problems with it, so maybe you could have told us, so that I could just go back to 8.0.22.1?

I ask because I notice that today it was not on the site when I decided that maybe my installer was corrupt, and I went to download it again.

If I go to NinjaTrader.com then enter my email address and click 'Download', I see 8.0.22.2 as the most recent version of NinjaTrader 8 available:Can you elaborate further on how exactly you're going to download the latest version and what you see if you follow the same steps as I did?

Additionally, there are no known universal issues with 8.0.22.2. You can see here in the release notes that not much changed between 8.0.22.1 and 8.0.22.2:Can you elaborate further on what the issues you're experiencing are?

Comment

Hm Strange. This is what I see.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ah, we're referring to two different things. Here is the forum post you're looking for:A pinning issue has since been resolved and it should now appear as expected at the top.

With that said, there are no known universal issues with 8.0.22.2. You can see here in the release notes that not much changed between 8.0.22.1 and 8.0.22.2:Can you elaborate further on what the issues you're experiencing are?

Comment

As far as errors, I have already reverted to version8.0.22.1, and the new problems that I was seeing with 8.0.22.2 seem to be gone. I want to keep running during market hours, at this time, so I really cannot reinstall 8.0.22.2 right now, while the market is open. I already had to remove it and reinstall 8.0.22.1, and lost enough time with that.

I am perfectly willing to install 8.0.22.2 again after hours, and try to use it again, so that I can document the errors. The major one was that after closing NT8, whether normally or because it hang, I could not start NT8 anew because I always got an error about not being able to build the database because some file was still in use. As I said, I did not document the error. When I checked in the Task Manager, nothing would show. I would have to use command line incantations to see and kill the left-over NinjaTrader process.

As I said, I did not document the exact error because, given my last experience with NT support, where I detailed the errors that I was then having, and how to reproduce the issue, and a Support Team Lead, no less, seemed unwilling to deal with the issue that I raised, and was more interested in exercising his powers like a demi-god, I knew that I was probably on my own to figure out what was wrong. Reversion was the first step. I just wanted to be sure that 8.0.22.2 was no longer available. You say that it is, so I guess I shall have to hunt it down somehow.

In the meantime. as I said, I am always willing to reinstall using the installer that I now have, and replicate the problems. Maybe this time, I will get the very competent support that I was used to getting from NT Support, before my last experience completely turned me off. Who knows?
          Last edited by koganam; 08-02-2022, 06:10 PM.

Comment

When/if you write in, please reference this forum thread and ask for me - Patrick G. I am the Senior Manager of Platform Customer Service so I am very interested in the experience you're describing. We pride ourselves on providing fast and effective support and it seems like we may have failed you in the case you're referring to.

Comment

NinjaTrader hang and I had to close it forcibly from the Graphical Task Manager. I restarted after NinjaTrader finally closed, and this is the error that came up.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	NT8RestartError-2020-09-30 13.01.54 - Error.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1120649
              Here is a picture of the Task Manger, while this error is on the screen; showing that NT has an error dialog up.

Name:	TaskManagerAsAtNT8RestartError-2020-09-30 13.01.54 - Error.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1120650
              I close the error window, and there is no sign of NT left in the Task Manager. See below.

Not among the apps.

Name:	TaskManagerAfterClosedNT8RestartError-2020-09-30 13.01.54 - Error.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1120651

Not among the background services:

Name:	BackgroundServices-TaskManagerAfterClosedNT8RestartError-2020-09-30 13.01.54 - Error.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	1120652
              So I start NT8 again, only to see this.

Name:	Again-NT8RestartError-2020-09-30 13.01.54 - Error.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1120653
              The same error.

Post continued, because forum will only allow me to post 5 pictures, and I did not want to post one big graphic to decipher.

Comment

continuation of my last post.

While doing this, I got called away, so by examining the timestamp on the screen captures, you will see that between the two vendor.dll errors, the hidden stuck NT process has been running for at least 52 minutes. It is really a stuck process, not an ephemeral one.

Is the process really in memory? I have to invoke the command-line incantation to see this:

Once I terminate that process forcibly, I can start NT8 again successfully.

Comment

We're straying from the original topic of this post, so I'd like to move this conversation to email support.

We'll really want to learn more about why the hang occurs in the first place as that is likely the root cause of all of the other symptoms:
                  • Can you purposefully create the freezing symptom? If so, what steps must you take?
                  • Does the symptom appear after any particular action? For example, placing an order, creating or making a change to a chart window, connecting, etc.?
                  Feel free to answer these questions as part of the email you send via the platform:
                  • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                  • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                  • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2765631 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Sure. I will send what you want. Just to clarify, this time it happened after NT hang. I have seen the same thing when I close NT normally and save the workspace while at it. No matter. I will gather the data and send the email later. I have to do the upgrade again, as the failure during working hours caused me to revert to 8.0.22.1 again.

Thanks kindly for your time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                    0 responses