Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

instead in data box display OHLC in upper left chart info or status line

Hi all,

in othe trading platforms I was used to see the most important data like Open, High, Low, Close and even the values of the attached indicators in the chart information line (usually displayed at the top left chart window) or below the chart in the bottom left status line. I hove with mouse pointer to any desired point and it shows me the actual setting for that particular time. When I move my mouse pointer to the bottom into the indicator windows, I got the values for that indicator. Let it be the ATR value, or the Volume.

I cannot find this option in Ninjatrader, how can this be accomplished? I don't want to have the data box open as it consumes display area and gets annoying when moving windows.

any help appreciated.

Hello patricia70,

Unfortunately there is no option to have this information displayed within the chart. You could use the mini data box. If you click and hold your scroll wheel in the chart, it will show a mini data box with such information.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason. Thanks for that nice hint! this also kinda helpful. It works also when hovering into my indicator window. Is there any additional option to have this ALWAYS showed within the indicator windows when using the crosshair ? So you just need to hover your mouse pointer to the time line you wish and you get the particular value for that indicator displayed (eg. ATR, VOL, ...)

Comment

Unfortunately there is no option for the mini data box to have it always shown. You will need to click and hold your scroll wheel (middle mouse button) for the mini data box to display.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How can I add the size "range" into that mini data box which is showing the delta of high/low of the particular candlestick ? missing that basic feauture, too.

Comment

Hello patricia70,

Thank you for the note.

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to modify the information shown within the Mini Databox.

You could try removing any extra information from the Data Box you do not need and change the font to the smallest size to make the Data Box as small as possible.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website and may include some of the features you are looking for:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
            1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
            2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
            3. Select the downloaded .zip file
            4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
            • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
            The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LT259a.png
Views:	1028
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1120696

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for your assistance Clayton, much appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                Hello patricia70,

Thank you for the note.

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to modify the information shown within the Mini Databox.

You could try removing any extra information from the Data Box you do not need and change the font to the smallest size to make the Data Box as small as possible.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website and may include some of the features you are looking for:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
                1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
                • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
                The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LT259a.png
Views:	1028
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1120696

Are these scripts tested by Ninjatrader for malicious content? Thanks.

Comment

Do you suspect malicious content in an indicator and if so how does this malicious content would look like?

I can't imagine that Ninjatrader staff examines every single script published on the Internet for accuracy, correctness and danger. After all, there is the disclaimer and every user is explicitly warned that no responsibility is taken for scripts from third parties and that they should be used at your own risk. You can also buy paid versions of indicators published by vendors, then you might get some warranty from the provider, but I doubt that as well. In the latter case, you would at least have the possibility to complain about a defect and demand money back for a service that was not fulfilled but charged for.

The private and public scripts offered are scripts that have been programmed by you, me and others, for free. We should be glad that such things are offered on Ninjatrader website platform at all and cannot demand that every script is checked for dangerous content. However, if that should turn out to be the case, then it would certainly not be wrong to inform Ninjatrader about the respective script, so that they can take a closer look at it in order to correct the grievance in some way.

Furthermore, you have the possibility to open, view and change the script of an indicator or a strategy at any time in the Ninjascript Editor. You have full insight into the source code and can draw conclusions about what the script does in detail.

Regarding the shown script "BarInfo" that Clayton recommended to me, I can say the following: I've been using it since that day and it works great. I have also made personal adjustments to the script and added some features for my personal needs. I have -as in other scripts- not noticed anything noticeable, harmful or dangerous.

Good luck and have a nice day
                  Patricia
                  Last edited by patricia70; 01-08-2021, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post elirion
                  by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes