Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Volumetric Numbers are Tiny

Hello,

I traded using the Volumetric indicator on my charts in NT8 this morning, and the text for the volume numbers in the footprint bars was tiny, I could not read them most of the time.

Screenshot attached.

Is there a way to increase the size of the numbers in the footprint bars in the Volumetric indicator?

If so, how specifically?

i2w8am9ii2

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

You can increase the font size by adjusting the X and Y-Axis with the steps below.
    • Move your mouse to the X-Axis
    • Hold down your left mouse button
    • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse to the left to expand time
    • While holding down the left mouse button move to the right to compress time
    • Move your mouse to the Y-Axis
    • Hold down the left mouse button
    • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse down to compress the pricing
    • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse up to expand the pricing

Another option to have the values more visible you can adjust the ticks per level. To change this setting right click in your chart->Data Series->Input a larger value for "Ticks per level" then click Ok.

This parameter sets the level of aggregation for individual price levels, i.e. if price levels should be merged together, default 1 – so each price level delta result is seen individually inside the price bars

(Please note that with a higher Ticks per level set, there could be Volumetric remainder cells as a result that are actually smaller than your set Ticks per level, as not all bar ranges could be evenly divisible by the Ticks per level value)

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello i2w8am9ii2,

You can increase the font size by adjusting the X and Y-Axis with the steps below.
      • Move your mouse to the X-Axis
      • Hold down your left mouse button
      • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse to the left to expand time
      • While holding down the left mouse button move to the right to compress time
      • Move your mouse to the Y-Axis
      • Hold down the left mouse button
      • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse down to compress the pricing
      • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse up to expand the pricing

Another option to have the values more visible you can adjust the ticks per level. To change this setting right click in your chart->Data Series->Input a larger value for "Ticks per level" then click Ok.

This parameter sets the level of aggregation for individual price levels, i.e. if price levels should be merged together, default 1 – so each price level delta result is seen individually inside the price bars

(Please note that with a higher Ticks per level set, there could be Volumetric remainder cells as a result that are actually smaller than your set Ticks per level, as not all bar ranges could be evenly divisible by the Ticks per level value)

I have a similar issue. I know that changing the Y axis and X axis fixes this issue but it's only a temporary fix as then the scale is no longer fixed so if your scrolling backwards for instance you will have to keep adjusting the Y axis if you want to see the whole picture.

Is there anyway around this? Having a fixed visual size no matter what's happening.

Comment

Currently these are the only two options available to make the font more visible within the chart panel.

Comment

Thanks for the info Christopher.

For me although, with five charts for five time-frames, that is like trying to eat a cheeseburger with a pair of tweezers... it's doable, but difficult, stressful and time-consuming.

Can I put in a request to have it hard-coded in where we can choose the font-size in the indicator properties?

i2w8am9ii2

Comment

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.

Comment

Great. Thanks Christopher.

i2w8am9ii2

Comment

This feature request can be tracked with ID # SFT-3024.

You can request an update on any tracking ID on the forum or via email to our platform support team, and we can share any new information we have on the request.

Comment

Thanks Christopher,

I appreciate the info.

Take care,

i2w8am9ii2

Comment

Hi Christopher, would you mind sharing an update on ID # SFT-3024?
                    Thank you

Comment

Hello deetee,

Thanks for your notes.

There are no updates for the feature request SFT-3024 at this time.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                      116 responses
                      1 like