Closing Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing Orders

When in a trade with multiple contracts is there a way to determine which contract gets filled on an exit and how it shows up on the DOM? I have no idea how to say that better so here's an example. Say on the /ES I enter long one contract at 3360 and then 3365. On the DOM it will show I have 2 contracts from 3362.50. When I exit one it will take off the first contract I entered at 3360 and will show I still have one contract from 3365. Is there any way to have it take off the last contract I entered first and still show one from 3360? I know this has absolutely no impact on the PnL but as a visual thing I'd love for it to be the other way around. Any way to do this?

Hello n8dogg58,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader uses First in, First out (FIFO) trade pairing. There is a setting under Tools > Options > Trading called "Use FIFO for position average price calculations" that will allow you to set if the position average entry price will be based on the FIFO (First in First Out) or if this will retain the average entry when scaling out, however, it's not possible to set this to display as Last in First Out (LIFO). Further, at this time this setting only affects the simulation account and requires reconnecting to go into effect. For live accounts, you would need to see if your broker can adjust this on their end.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ghoul
      by ghoul