Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VolumeProfile Plotting

Hello,

please see the attached screenshot with volumeprofile for RTH in 30 min chart. It starts plotting the "B-Period" and not "A-Period".
    The IB-Low is plotting correctly, but the profile seems to start only next bar (starting 10:00 EST)
    So the question is if everything is calculated correctly (the VA and POC might be wrong if not)

Its better to see Sept 30th what I mean.

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files

Hello Tony, thanks for writing in.

I tested on a 30 Minute ES chart and my profile is starting at 7:30 MST:

Can you zoom into this chart and confirm the exact bar time the volume profile plots on? Did you change anything from the Data Series menu or the Volume Profile settings menu?

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I attach 3 screenshots hope this gives answer to you questions better than writing. And zooming in and showing crosshair.

Yours are plotting from bar 7:30, so from Europe I assume you are westcoast. But mine is starting at bar 10:00. There should be 3 hours and not 2,5 hours be the difference.

Thank you!
      Tony

Attached Files

Comment

Hello tonynt, thanks for your reply.

I am having trouble seeing what is unexpected here. Please go to the Tools>Trading Hours window. How does your time correspond with the starting time of the RTH session? It will be in terms of US Central time, and your NinjaTrader time zone setting will convert that time to your time zone.

Best regards.

Comment

Hello,

please see the attached screenshot. The unexpected is that yours is plotting half hour earlier (or mine half hour later)

Thank you!
          Tony
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Tony, thanks for your reply.

What is your time zone setting within Tools>Options? Is your computer time synced up with the world time? Here is a guide on doing this:

Comment

Hello,

please see attached the screenshot, and I have done as instructed in the link. The time was ok but I have synchronized again.

Referring to our communciation here I´m missing your accurate reply about the plotting in my chart. You say its plotting ok, but if so why to check the time. The profile on my chart starts plotting one bar later than yours, no? In my screenshot you can see the date, I can not see in yours, so this is no help because I can not compare! You can compare the date and bar I show and see if the plotting is correct.

Best regards
              Tony
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Tony, thanks for your reply.

Could you open up a new workspace and a blank chart for testing to eliminate any external forces? If this produces the same results. Please delete your ES historical data by following these directions. Note* if you have historical data that you want to keep and can not be loaded from your data provider anymore, only delete the recent historical data that is still available from your data provider:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                0 responses