SP500 advance/decline difference indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SP500 advance/decline difference indicator

Hi there I am currently using the $ADSPD market indicator on Thinkorswim TD ameritrade platform which is the advance decline difference for the SP500, I would like to have the same on ninjatrader before making the switch but the only close option i found is the ^ADD indicator which tracks the same difference but for the entire NYSE, the 2 are very fairly similar during a trading session but obviously present wide differences overall when it comes to nuances and levels considering the index composition.

I cannot have an account with TOS because of the country where I currently live, so there is no way to directly feed the data via the multibrokerage option.

Is there a way I can have this indicator to track on Ninjatrader? thank you very much in advance

Welcome to the forums rdeste911!

In NinjaTrader we typically will get this data from an instrument and through our data provider and typically is not built from an indicator. We do have an Advance/Decline indicator for ^ADD that emulates this index by taking the difference between the underlying ^ADV and ^DECL symbols, but we do not have an indicator like this created for ADSPD nor do we have the underlying symbols in our instrument database.

We do not have an ADSPD symbol in the NinjaTrader instrument database, but if your data provider offers it, you can create your own symbol and add the symbol mapping for that instrument in order to get that data and chart it.

Instruments can be added from the Control Center under Tools > Instruments > add

Further information on instrument definitions can be found below.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cool, I seem to understand that Kinetic might be able to have the advance decline difference for the SP500, in that case I would be able to pull it from their feed then right?

Comment

Hello rdeste911,

Yes, if the data provider offers the symbol, you can map it in NinjaTrader.

Kinetick uses IQFeed symbols, so you may find symbol mapping that works for Kinetick by utilizing IQFeed's Symbol Search. I would suggest searching for Market Statistics with some key words for the description like "S&P NET"

http://www.iqfeed.net/symbolguide/in...lpha=1&start=1

The link above is to an external publicly available resource.

JI6T.Z may be the symbol you are looking for.

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

yes, I have checked previously on their site and I came to the same conclusion of probably needing the JI6T.Z , I am currently running a trial version of NT8, am I able to check the instrument already or can it be done only once the feed is acquired? thank you

Comment

Hello rdeste911,

You can create the symbol in the Instruments menu, add the mapping for Kinetick and test it using a daily chart when connected to Kinetick End Of Day (Free.) Please note this connection only offers historical daily data.

Let us know if you have any other questions on this topic.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jim

Hi,
              I use Ninjatrader continuum for both data and trading and wonder if I could create $ADSPD?
              I really want it with NT8 so I don't have to run TOS just to chart this one.
              Thank you.

PS: I tried ^ADD and chart comes up blank....

Comment

Hello kalalex,

^ADD is not available with NinjaTrader Brokerage accounts using NinjaTrader Continuum. You could create this from ^ADD and ^DECL however. We have an indicator on the User App Share that does this. Please note that this indicator cannot be 1:1 with ^ADD but gives a close approximation.

NYSE Advancing Issues/Declining Issues Uses historical tick data to calculate the ^ADV index minus the ^DECL index to give a simulation of the ^ADD index. Requires a data feed that supports indexes and provides data for the ^ADV (NYSE Advancing Issues) and ^DECL (NYSE Declining Issues). Update June 16th, 2020 – Corrected stroke attributes to […]

The link above is publicly available.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

SP500 Advance and Decline are not available though NinjaTrader Brokerage, and a symbol does not exist in our database. You could consider a data feed like Kinetick and add the symbol referencing the symbol on IQFeed's symbol search to chart it, however.

Comment

Jim, is there a dashboard that displays the AD in real-time? I don't want to use the chart just look at the AD from time to time. If not how would I make the textbox for this?

Comment

Hello cobra180,

Thanks for your first post, welcome!

An indicator can be added to a Market Analyzer window to have the value presented in a text box, and this can be used as a Dashboard/Market scanner. I would suggest using the indicator in this fashion to have it displayed as a text in a dashboard.

Using the Market Analyzer - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_analyzer.htm

Also see (adding Columns/Indicator Columns) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...owToAddColumns

Comment

Jim, I have attached the dashboard indicator that I was going to duplicate for the AD referenced above. How do I open this to see how it is configured? Thank you.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by cobra180; 05-22-2022, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Hello cobra180,

Please note that this zip file contains a DLL, and there is no source code included to modify.

To import the indicator you can follow the instruction below:

(See post #10's links for adding indicators to the Market Analyzer)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jclose
                        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                        10 responses