Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to load workspace today

Hello,

The workspace I have been using fine all week, has decided not to load today. I've been trying to get it restored all morning so far - 4 hours

It shut down and was working fine last night. Load's most chart windows this am, but stops on 2 that require mnq tick data.

I have tried.

Removing the cache folder in db
    removing all the data in db
    restoreing the workspace to prior versions
    completely uninstalled and re-installing after removing the vendor files in bin custom
    etc.

Nada.

Ninja will open in safe mode and will also open with an empty workspace, but I need _my_ workspace!

I'm pretty used to dealing with NT issues and can normally massage it back to life, but this one has me stumped.

One error I am seeing in the log which I do not recall before is this one. I see no others

2020-10-02 13:36:43:733 WARNING: An error has occured in the ChartElementsManager ctor: Primary Bars Array must not be Null.

I can't recall having seen this one before, so perhaps it is new. Can you tell me what this might be related to in the hopes it gives me a hint to get up and running again (I have no platform at all today now).

The only other error in the log I see, but I think this one has been there a while is

2020-10-02 13:33:45:679 ERROR: Failed to restore NTWindow '': String cannot have zero length.

All else looks normal. Workspace just sits there on a couple charts with 'Calculating' in the windows though. Tried leaving it for over an hour this am as went out. Was same when I got back, so I do not think it is just slow (besides - It normally only takes a couple minutes to get warmed up normally).

Any hints/things to try? (other than delete my workspace and start again!)

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

We may try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
    1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
    2. Select "Restore workspace"
    3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
    4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
    5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover. You'll want to select a file larger than 1kb from the available options.
    I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our NinjaTrader Help Guide for reference.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I reliase I had a typo in my original comment, but I thought you would have interpreted it. As I said, I have already tried this.

"I have tried.

Removing the cache folder in db
      removing all the data in db
      restoreing the workspace to prior versions
      completely uninstalled and re-installing after removing the vendor files in bin custom
      etc."

Comment

And, please let me know what the errors I quoted may be in relation to.
        Also, just thought I would add, NT obviously stuck doing something, as when you exit, even the most if not all of the windows shut down, the process does not, even after a long time. It's using CPU and you have to kill it off in task manager...
        Last edited by pjsmith; 10-02-2020, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aa731
        by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes