Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems connection to license servers

Hello,

Recently, I can't start Ninja Trader 8. At the beginning, a pop-up appears with the message: "Ninja Trader is having problems connecting to it's license servers..." After that appears a new pop-up: "unhandled exception object reference not set to an instance of an object" and the program closes. Doesn't work even offline
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps below to send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what is occurring. Please be sure to reference this Forum post and send them to ATTN: Dennis.
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi @NinjaTrader_Dennis,
      I have a similar problem, in my case only appears the first capture, how can i solve this?
      Ninja version: 8.0.23.2

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by bmolina1993 View Post
        Hi @NinjaTrader_Dennis,
        I have a similar problem, in my case only appears the first capture, how can i solve this?
        Ninja version: 8.0.23.2

Thanks in advance!
        I solved this problem by connecting my PC via a smartphone and reconnecting to Wi Fi after that

Comment

Originally posted by savinnrg View Post

I solved this problem by connecting my PC via a smartphone and reconnecting to Wi Fi after that

I tried that option, but it still shows the message.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps below to send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what is occurring. Please be sure to reference this Forum post and send them to ATTN: Dennis 2774179
            • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dennis View Post
              Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps below to send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what is occurring. Please be sure to reference this Forum post and send them to ATTN: Dennis 2774179

Hi Dennis, good morning
              I send you the files requested me.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks in advanced!

Comment

Originally posted by bmolina1993 View Post

Hi Dennis, good morning
                I send you the files requested me.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks in advanced!

Hello, good morning
                PROBLEM SOLVED!.
                In my case the problem was the anti virus (kaspersky), I spoke with the technical support and the steps that worked for me were the following:

Step number 1 : Remove Kaspersky with our kavremvr tool

1) Download the tool here: https://support.kaspersky.com/mx/common/uninstall/1464 (click on the link to start the download)
                2) Double click on the downloaded file to execute it.
                Note: kavremvr can automatically detect any installed Kaspersky product or its remains. If it finds it, the product will be displayed in the drop-down menu below.

Step number 2 | Install Kaspersky Total Security 2021 as follows

1. Download the latest version of Kaspersky Total Security 2021 through the direct link:http://support.kaspersky.com/mx/13296(click on the link to start the download);
                2. After downloading, run the downloaded file (double-click it or select it and press ENTER).
                3. Follow the installation wizard by pressing Next and OK when prompted.
                4. In the activation step, write your 20-character activation code, which looks like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Step number 3 : Exclude the application:
                1). Open Kaspersky Additional Settings> Threats and Exclusions> Specify trusted applications.
                2) Reboot PC

Note: Do NOT exclude your location through 'Manage exclusions', as it can be dangerous. If you must exclude an application, do so through Specify Trusted Applications.

PS: Dennis thanks for your help !

Comment

Im having the same issue . It just started 20 mins ago. Wont let me connect, with the same pop ups

Comment

Its also telling me to upgrade to a lifetime licence...I already have one

Comment

Hello Johnny Santiago,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2774179 ATTN Dennis and reference this Post.

Comment

I tried to send you the log and trace files...It wont even let me send you the email.

Comment

I just sent you the Log and Trace files manually through gmail.

Comment

Had the exact same issue as the OP. The issue was something to do with the DSL connection being used. I have a dual WAN router and switching over to cable solved the problem. After narrowing the issue down to the ISP I reconnected the DSL and the Ninjatrader verification issue went away.

The strange thing about the whole situation is that before switching to cable, the DSL connection looked fine and worked fine in every way *except* for the Ninjatrader verification problem.

Strange...

Comment

Im having the same issue turning off firewall doesnt do anything, its added to the exclusion listed ive uninstalled ninja still the same issue

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DanielSanMartin