Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to DB

I am trying to start NT8 and I continue to get the error message:

Unable to connect to DB: The operating system error could not be mapped to a known set of errors. [Reported Error = 426,Line Number = 2350,FileRead_ReadFile}
    Any ideas on how to correct this besides deleting and re-installing?

Hello Adam3123,

Thank you for your post.

This looks like an error with the database, so to test, we'd want you to try renaming the database to generate a new one to see if that resolves the error:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    Once complete, please check to see if you're still getting an error. If not, you'll need to keep this new database. Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results.

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...up_archive.htm

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Kate. That solved it.

Comment

Hi, i've read through some of the forums and have the same issue.

Mine says

Unable to connect to DB: The operating system error could not be mapped to a known set of errors. [Reported Error = 4350,Line Number = 1884] mentions the NinjaTrader.sdr,SeCreateFile]

I've tried changing the name but it won't allow me to, and i've tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Hello peteyjones,

Thank you for your reply.

Was NinjaTrader fully shut down before trying to rename the database? It would give an error saying it couldn't be renamed if the program is currently running. You can also try temporarily dragging the NinjaTrader.sdf file to your desktop temporarily from the db folder, which would allow NinjaTrader to generate a new database to test.

Simply uninstalling and reinstalling without renaming or deleting the NinjaTrader 8 folder in your documents would not help, as it leaves your user data when uninstalled normally.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I saw your help information above above. I can see the location where the file should be that I need to rename, but no such file is there.

Comment

Hello paul946,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Case Number: 03554165 ​
              Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi i've done the chanche in the name's file but the error continues. The name that appears in the explanation is different from mine, I don't know if is related to thaat.
                Attached Files

Comment

Same problem here. Im using Parallels, dont know if the problem is related but i cant find the file you mention. Mine is the same as the picture of Florencia. Help please!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888