Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: Windows are self resizing when switching workspaces

I have NT 8.0.22.2 64-bit
    I have 2 workspaces. Each of them has several windows with charts. So, when I switch from workspace to workspace using CTRL+TAB, some windows increase their sizes tiny bit making them wider. It is noticeable and it accumulates every time I switch workspaces. At some point I have to manually resize windows to fit a layout.

Hello dpolyakov,
    I am not sure of such behavior, I never experienced it so far. Try to switch between workspaces from control center & see if you get similar behavior. Go to control center -> Tools -> hot keys -> global & check the correct hot key is assigned to switch between active workspaces next & previous. Hope it helps!

Comment

I tried via control center and I see it is resizing. Once workspace is switched, a chart window appears normal (as it was before switching), then when data is loaded into that chart window, at that exact point, this window is getting resized. It is all happening within a split of a second, but it is visible how window is resized for couple pixels.

Comment

Try closing all workspaces & clear the cache / temp files, create a new workspace to test if the same issue is there. Manually change the window size & save the worspace then switch between workspaces to see if problem persists.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2775436 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
          Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, email with data is sent!

Comment

I have an issue with workspace windows resizing if my monitor goes to sleep (but not my computer) Should I start a separate thread for this failure mode?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
              Started by chartchart, 05-19-2021, 04:14 PM
              3 responses
              1 like
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby