Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator/Mouse Interaction Issue

Hello,

I have run into a weird NT8 issue that I cannot seem to figure out. I am hopeful that it is simply a settings issue and that you may be able to shed some light on this for me. I am running the latest version of Windows 10 professional 64-bit, and the latest version of NT8.

I am using a custom indicator I purchased. If I run NT8 on my work computer, same Windows OS, same NT8, the indicator works. Specifically, I can select the indicator area with a left mouse click and adjust it as needed. However, if I run NT8 on my home computer, same Windows OS, same NT8, the indicator does not work. The indicator functions in terms of generating the results but I can no longer select the indicator area with a left mouse click and adjust it as needed. This is extremely odd and I'm wondering if there is a setting or something I may have missed. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Zeos6,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

This is most likely occurring due to the different machine IDs between your two computers. Often, 3rd party indicators are assigned to the computer machine ID so that the indicator is only being used by the person who purchased it. I would suggest reaching out to the provider of this indicator to confirm this and see if anything needs to be adjusted. If you need to get the machine ID of the computer you want this indicator to work on you can find it by looking at your most recent trace file (located in your Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace. I have created a short video showing how to find this for you to refer to:

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
    Eleanore T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply Eleanore.

I actually have two licenses of the indicator so licensing would not be an issue but your comment about the hardware IDs did bring up something I had not thought of. I had recently replaced the hard drive on the machine on which the indicator does not work and I wonder whether that is what's creating the issue. I will check it out with the vendor. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post NRITV
      by NRITV

Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
      2 responses