WebSocket protocol is not supported -- TDAmeritrade connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WebSocket protocol is not supported -- TDAmeritrade connection

I have followed the connection steps for connecting my Multi-Broker version of NT8 to TDAmeritrade but get a "WebSocket protocol is not supported on this platform" message when attempting to connect.

I was able to connect to my TDAmeritrade account previously, but it seems to have broken sometime in the past few months.

Error Message https://www.screencast.com/t/OJa7kmdVV27w

I have checked and I am using the most recent version of NT8 -- NinjaTrader 8.0.22.2 Upon reflection, my connection to TDAmeritrade may have broken around the time that I updated to the newest version of NT8.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Steve R

Hello Steve,

Can you please tell me what Windows version you have running on your computer. Could it be you have Windows 7? If so, you will need to upgrade to Windows 8 or higher in order to connect to TD Ameritrade in NinjaTrader 8. Please see the forum thread at the link below that handles the same connection error (post #8).
    I am asking, people who have been successful in connecting Ninja Trader to TD Ameritrade. And how to connect TD Ameritrade live data to Ninja Trader ? What are the steps to get live feed, what are the requirements .? Anybody, is it possible ?

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason:

Thanks for the rapid reply. Yes, I am still using Windows 7. When I attempted to do the upgrade last year it failed and I am in the process of building a new PC now to replace my current one.

Steve R

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by agclub, Yesterday, 08:57 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post agclub
      by agclub

Started by cre8able, 04-17-2024, 04:16 PM
      6 responses