Horizontal Line Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Line Label

After googling I see that people have been asking about this for years.

I wanted to make this post because according to NT people that post here they "keep track of" requests to gauge the level of interest in basic features like this.

I would imagine most people, like myself, would google the missing basic feature and come across the fact that there's a buggy third party version out there based on a previous time someone asked about the feature and either use that or forget about it - without having clogged up the message board with repeat requests. I'm only making this post to show demand for the feature because apparently that's something that's "considered" for implementation.

If it's true that NT looks at requests to gauge demand for a feature that's a shame because it's likely that most people would google the feature, see that it had already been requested (in many cases many times over many years) and move on without making a silly post like this one in order to have their "vote" "counted".

Please make it possible for us to have the ability to label horizontal lines like every other major trading platform.

For example, a horizontal line that has the text "overnight high" as a label on the left or right.

It would be great to have a native non-third-party bug free way to do this, it seems like it would take minimal effort to implement and people have been asking for years.

Hello butt_toast,

Thank you for your note.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:
    Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by t.kelly4149, Today, 05:36 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid  
    Started by SilverSurfer1, Today, 06:29 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes