Calling Python Script or Command Line program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling Python Script or Command Line program

I have just found ninjatrader and I am absolutely MIND BLOWN with this platform, literally had a few mini orga.. wait, let's keep this PG, lol.

As am I exploring around and devouring all tutorials and documentation, I thought I'd pose a very interesting question here.

Being that the language used here is C# (ninjascript) is it possible to have an indicator/strategy actually execute a python script in the local computer? I had previously developed a few tools to use manually but maybe now I can remove the manual process altogether?

It is the one thing that would complete melting my brain with excitement, if possible..

Can't wait to hear from you and giant thank you to every single soul who contributes(d) and made this platform not only possible but accessible. I've been working with platforms for long while and and due to limited time, unable to explore this one in the past but after just a few days, I am convinced this is hands down the very best in the industry. Almost made the mistake of purchasing a MultiCharts license... ninja appears to do same thing MC AND more and much more user friendly! Oh happy day!

Hello focus333,

This would fall outside of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support and beyond what I am able to assist with.

That said, this likely can be achieved, and this thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

Below is a link to a google search to help you get started.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=site...der.com+python
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-12-2020, 07:46 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! Turns out it is possible, sorta, and I got it to work and I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. This is the platform for me, I am never looking back. Thanks for the answer NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Comment

Hi focus333, good moorning
        could you share the information how to use python with ninja?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno