NT freezes when deleting a symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT freezes when deleting a symbol

NT freezers when deleting a symbol from instrument list while the symbol is on a chart. You can reproduce this as follows:
    - open a chart, and load a symbol
    - go to Instruments, look up the symbol
    - delete the symbol
    - NT freezes

You have to kill NT thru Task Manger.

I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64bit

This occurred before when I was running NT on a VM on a Mac, but that was not a supported config. However, I am now running it on native Windows install.

If there are dump files you want me to collect, let me know.

Thanks

Attached Files

Hello aelagha,

I'm not able to reproduce it on my end so far. I deleted the instrument from Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments as well as from Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Lists and then removing the instrument from an instrument list. Can you please tell me how exactly you delete the instrument.

When I try to remove it from Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments, I get an error message that informs the instrument is currently in use and does not allow me to delete the instrument.

If I delete the instrument from an instrument list I created, it is removed from the list without freezing. I tested this all with a chart opened for the instrument in question.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I deleted as: Control Center > Tools > Instrument. I then search for it, select it, and delete it (remove). I do not get the warning message. I just tried it again on an instrument that I created, and it freezes. You can actually see the Instrument window frozen in the screenshot I attached previously. For ref, NT version 8.0.22.2 64-bit .
      Last edited by aelagha; 10-11-2020, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I'm able to reproduce with a custom created instrument. I tested with the ES futures before which is present by default. Am I correct you only experience the issue with custom created instruments?

Comment

Hi Jason,

I also tried it with a built in instrument, BA, and had the same problem. It looks like it behaves differently for futures than stocks. I tried deleting a futures sym and no issue (although it did not give me the warning msg, but it did not freeze). When you delete the futures sym, continue to have the data displayed on the chart, but it tells you it is an invalid instrument. For stocks, custom or built in, it freezes. My guess it will freeze for everything but futures because in Control Center > Instrument, you only see the future sym without contract dates (even ##.##), but in the chart the sym includes the date. So, sync'ing mechanism between database and charts might be different for futures than everything else.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, I can reproduce it with stocks that are present by default as well. Thank you for letting me know. I tested it with other instruments types and it results in NinjaTrader freezing. Only with futures it does not seem to happen. I have forwarded a bug report to my superiors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes