Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Analyzer Only using 32 out of 96 cores (vCPUs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer Only using 32 out of 96 cores (vCPUs)

I am running NT8 on an AWS instance with 96 cores and am running into a bottleneck. When I open task manager, only 32 cores are being used. The utilized cores are all on node 1--the 64 cores in node 0 are not being used by NT at all. There is plenty of RAM so I am not sure what is going on. My strategy needs to run well over 32 optimizations so that is not the issue. I was considering getting a 64-core Threadripper but if NT has this type of bottleneck...I might need to wait.

Edit: It might be worth noting that there are two sockets when I open task manager. Not sure if this could be a factor.
    Last edited by jadawo; 10-12-2020, 09:12 AM.

In this context, what exactly does the word 'node' mean? Does node = CPU? Does node = CPU group?

Comment

Thanks for your reply Patrick. One node equals one CPU (plugged into one socket). Windows itself is recognizing both CPUs (both sockets) because 96 vCPUs (64 cores from one CPU, 32 from the other) are visible in task manager and other programs are able to use them. But it appears that Windows is assigning NT8 processes only to one CPU on the machine (and the CPU with less cores at that).

Comment

NinjaTrader 8 would not support multiple processor groups. Grouping would occur should a system with over 64 logical processors be utilized:

Comment

I guess it helps if I read the documentation!

Thanks for your help and sorry to bug you with such an obvious fix. Very impressed with the customer service at NinjaTrader. I have already found dozens of solutions from old forum posts. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse