• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanDaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by s.kinra View Post
    Hello,
    I just modified the original candle style & now it paints the wick with body color, can make the outline color transparent without compromising doji.
    Thanks for asking this!
    Hi s.kinra-

Could you please elaborate, as I have the same problem. I want the wick to be the same color as the candle body. How were you able to achieve this?

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• s.kinra
    replied
    Hello,
    I just modified the original candle style & now it paints the wick with body color, can make the outline color transparent without compromising doji.
    Thanks for asking this!

Leave a comment:

• s.kinra
    replied
    Hello,
    Changing outline color to transparent is simply omitting the candle outline & nothing else, I don't know about NT7 but in NT8 wick color can be selected separately so making outline transparent has no impact on wick, if you make wick as transparent then no wick is drawn on chart so it simply becomes open close candle i.e. without any wicks.

Leave a comment:

• brucerobinson
    replied
    If you make the Outline transparent, you will then have the candle body and wicks the ‘same’ colour as the body I.e. no black outline, and the wicks remain same colour as body, whatever you have chosen or default red/green. The problem then, is that if a Doji is painted, you do not get a horizontal open/close line because a Doji has no body to paint, and the horizontal outline which would paint it is now transparent.
    Ninja Kate_W produced an add-on to overcome this (Colored Dojis, iirc) in the add-ons download area.
    In 7 I used to use an add-on like the one posted here for 7, and have made a Feature Request for this to be part of the core platform functionality in 8. Kate_W’s solution is a response to this but a poor cousin. When I asked why, it met with no response.
    Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Marco
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I am seeing this add-on as being made for NinjaTrader 7, but not 8:

Unfortunately, this type of functionality is not available by default and would need to be custom coded.

NinjaTrader is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, NinjaTrader Ecosystem is partnered with a number of consultants who could code this indicator at your direction. If you would like more information regarding consultants please let me know.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Leave a comment:

• s.kinra
    replied
    Hello,
    You can use Hollow Candle Sticks, it works in same manner.

Leave a comment:

• TheMarlin801
    started a topic Candle Body Outline & Wick Colors

Candle Body Outline & Wick Colors

Hello,
    I am curious if anyone can tell me how I can adjust the settings so that the outlines and wicks of of the candles are the same color as the candle body, and automatically changes with the color of each candle body?
    Thank you

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
10 responses
0 likes
Last Post Leafcutter  
Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post Max238