Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle Body Outline & Wick Colors

Hello,
    I am curious if anyone can tell me how I can adjust the settings so that the outlines and wicks of of the candles are the same color as the candle body, and automatically changes with the color of each candle body?
    Thank you

Hello,
    You can use Hollow Candle Sticks, it works in same manner.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I am seeing this add-on as being made for NinjaTrader 7, but not 8:

Unfortunately, this type of functionality is not available by default and would need to be custom coded.

NinjaTrader is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, NinjaTrader Ecosystem is partnered with a number of consultants who could code this indicator at your direction. If you would like more information regarding consultants please let me know.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If you make the Outline transparent, you will then have the candle body and wicks the ‘same’ colour as the body I.e. no black outline, and the wicks remain same colour as body, whatever you have chosen or default red/green. The problem then, is that if a Doji is painted, you do not get a horizontal open/close line because a Doji has no body to paint, and the horizontal outline which would paint it is now transparent.
        Ninja Kate_W produced an add-on to overcome this (Colored Dojis, iirc) in the add-ons download area.
        In 7 I used to use an add-on like the one posted here for 7, and have made a Feature Request for this to be part of the core platform functionality in 8. Kate_W’s solution is a response to this but a poor cousin. When I asked why, it met with no response.
        Hope this helps.

Comment

Hello,
          Changing outline color to transparent is simply omitting the candle outline & nothing else, I don't know about NT7 but in NT8 wick color can be selected separately so making outline transparent has no impact on wick, if you make wick as transparent then no wick is drawn on chart so it simply becomes open close candle i.e. without any wicks.

Comment

Hello,
            I just modified the original candle style & now it paints the wick with body color, can make the outline color transparent without compromising doji.
            Thanks for asking this!

Comment

Originally posted by s.kinra View Post
              Hello,
              I just modified the original candle style & now it paints the wick with body color, can make the outline color transparent without compromising doji.
              Thanks for asking this!
              Hi s.kinra-

Could you please elaborate, as I have the same problem. I want the wick to be the same color as the candle body. How were you able to achieve this?

Cheers!

Comment

Hello DanDaMan,
                I just Save As original ChartStyle & changed the wick brush to BarBrush based on conditions open < close & open > close. You can also use HollowCandles & add body color. Added snapshot for reference.
                Hope it helps!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	mycandles.jpg
Views:	2921
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1128742
                Last edited by s.kinra; 11-21-2020, 11:14 PM. Reason: added snapshot

Comment

Changing framework tone to straightforward is just discarding the flame plot and that's it, I don't think about NT7 yet in NT8 wick tone can be chosen independently so making layout straightforward has no effect on the wick, in the event that you make wick as straightforward, at that point no wick is drawn on the outline so it basically becomes open-close light for example with no wicks. telecharger minecraft pour pc
                  Last edited by malik123; 11-24-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by malik123 View Post
                    Changing framework tone to straightforward is just discarding the flame plot and that's it, I don't think about NT7 yet in NT8 wick tone can be chosen independently so making layout straightforward has no effect on the wick, in the event that you make wick as straightforward, at that point no wick is drawn on the outline so it basically becomes open-close light for example with no wicks.
                    Hello malik123,
                    I am not a programming expert as you but my version works exactly as shown in the snapshot with no exceptions. Initially I faced an issue while painting bars from other indicators which I fixed already & it works perfectly fine as of now. Even with Doji bars there is no concern & I am showing it in my snapshot for clarity. I made changes to only the brushes & got it working.

Comment

Hello All,
                      Let me share this CandleStyle with you if it helps you, with this you get wick colors same as body colors & you can choose separate color for Doji bars. This will be added as "Combo Candlestick" & you can adjust settings from Data Series settings. Basically I've modified the Hollow CandleStyle for this so you can expect similarity.
                      Note: Once added you can apply this to your charts by selecting it from Top Row next to time-frame & you won't see any name in Data Series settings but can change the settings. This will be resolved on next restart of NT8, this is a normal behavior so nothing to worry. You can restart NT8 immediately after installing this so you won't face any such issue.
                      Do let me know your concerns, if any.
                      Hope it helps!

Name:	combo candles.jpg
Views:	2827
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1128750

[ATTACH]n1128749[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by s.kinra View Post
                        Hello All,
                        Let me share this CandleStyle with you if it helps you

Name:	combo candles.jpg
Views:	2827
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1128750

[ATTACH]n1128749[/ATTACH]
                        did you intend to share i.e. attach a .cs file?

Comment

Oh yes indeed, but it seems while attaching the snapshot it got messed up. I am noticing this behavior on a couple of occasions now. Anyways here you get the file.
                          ComboCandleStyle.zip

Comment

s.kinra-
                            Thank you very much for this!
                            Did you notice that the candle wicks are not aligned on the center of the bar? Look at the bottom of the bars in this screenshot.
                            I noticed the same in your screenshot.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello DanDaMan,
                              I don't see any such issues as its the original candle just the brush is modified to adapt the body color for wick colors. The difference you're catching visually may be just the perspective & nothing else, I am attaching a bigger snapshot for clarity & also I am placing the cross hair along with a couple of candles so you can see they're perfectly aligned.​ You should zoom your chart & see if you actually find any difference & also switch the candles to original hollow candles to find any difference.
                              Hope it helps!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                              3 responses