Market Analyzer being deleted on PC crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer being deleted on PC crash

I have a MA in a workspace that has a ton of info in it. I have many columns and many cell configurations with text and colors. When I close Ninja down and save the workspace, the MA comes up fine.

However, two times now my pc has crashed and when I pull up the workspace the MA is gone. This most recent time I emailed myself the workspace as a safeguard and when I noticed the MA wasn't loading, I saved the workspace xml from my email over the workspace that wasn't working.

I then tried to pull up the workspace and the MA is still not working.

The MA is completely blank, no columns, nothings and I cannot add columns to it. If I add a new MA to the workspace it behaves ok

Any idea whats going on here? The MA is too much work to keep losing, and I need it for my trading.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • Please clarify - your entire PC shut down/restarted unexpectedly? Or only NinjaTrader shut down unexpectedly and your PC was responsive and working without issue?
    • Are the columns in your Marker Analyzer from custom add-ons? In other words, columns or indicators that were not built into NinjaTrader?
    • Can this symptom be reproduced without any custom elements in the Market Analyzer?

Comment

Per our discussion here, please continue the conversation with Clayton in ticket 2726243.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        • Please clarify - your entire PC shut down/restarted unexpectedly? Or only NinjaTrader shut down unexpectedly and your PC was responsive and working without issue?
        • Are the columns in your Marker Analyzer from custom add-ons? In other words, columns or indicators that were not built into NinjaTrader?
        • Can this symptom be reproduced without any custom elements in the Market Analyzer?

Version: 8.0.22.2 64 bit
        I did not see any on screen errors
        I see one error message on an indicator but its not clear if that is coming from a chart as I have 6 charts open, or if its coming from the market analyzer. The error is error on calling calculate minimal method on bar 18513 index outside bounds.... Everything else looks ok.
        My PC shut down and restarted unexpectedly. This has been happening quite a bit over the past few days. One time before I lost my MA and built it from scratch which took hours. Other times it restored fine when I got the PC, Ninja and the workspace opened back up post crash. This most recent time the MA is gone again.
        The columns in my MA are indicator columns from custom indicators I built. They are rather complex and calculation intensive. However they run fine and the MA is performing as I would hope other than this crash issue.
        I have not tried to reproduce. I suppose I will be in Ninja all day today without my MA while I am working through this issue. So if it crashes today it will crash without any columns in the MA because I will not rebuild until I have a better idea of whats going on.

I replied to latest support email to Clayton, explained the issue, and I included my compressed log and trace files which he requested last time. Hopefully there is something in those files that helps understand the issue.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          Per our discussion here, please continue the conversation with Clayton in ticket 2726243.
          I see that you responded to Clayton. He'll be following up via email in ticket #2726243

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888