Data connection order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data connection order

In what order are the connections made and is there way way to control this? I connect on startup. However, I noticed when I connect to TD and my futures acct sometimes my orders do not load. If I manually connect to TD first, I can see them.

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for creating your post with these details.

By default, NinjaTrader will attempt to get the real-time and historical data from the first connected data provider for the instrument type that you are attempting to receive data for. However, seeing as you mention you are using multiple data providers, I would recommend establishing your preferred connections so that you can be sure the platform uses the specific data provider for specific instrument types.

Here is a link to our publicly available help guide section which goes into further detail regarding this topic: Setting Preferred Data Connections

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries in the future.

Comment

That didn't seem to work. When I connect to both my brokers automatically at startup, I have some SIM101 account orders that are not loading for the TD SIM101 account. When I connect automatically to TD Ameritrade, and then manually to CQG everything works fine.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

This is likely due to the order in which the accounts are automatically connecting.

This order is determined alphabetically; if you go to Connections->Configure, is your CQG connection listed before your TD Ameritrade connection?

If so, as a test, select your TD Ameritrade connection and rename it with the letter 'A' at the beginning. Next, restart the platform and it should automatically connect to TD Ameritrade first and CQG second.

Please let us know if this resolves your inquiry.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No that doesn't seem to work. The orders do not show up when both are set to connect at startup and the ATD Ameritrade name is first.

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for responding with these details.

I would like to further investigate this behavior you are reporting. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred and further assist.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2790603 ATTN Brendan

Thank you in advance, I look forward to hearing from you once more.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB