NSE Options Configuration in Ninja Trader 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSE Options Configuration in Ninja Trader 8

Does Ninja Trader support Options Trading? If yes, can you let me know how I can configure Options Chain for Bank Nifty (NSE India) in Ninja Trader 8? I'm using Interactive Brokers.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, NinjaTrader supports trading options with Interactive Brokers.

Follow the quick steps below to open an Option Chain window and view the available options.
    1. From the NinjaTrader Control Center click New > Option Chain.
    2. Select an underlying contract. Once a contract is selected, fields in the quote display will populate. Additionally, the available options for the selected instrument will be listed below.
    3. Use the arrows to the left to expand an option’s call quotes on the left, put quotes on the right, and strike prices in the middle of the Option Chain. Clicking on the Strike heading will change the price order from descending to ascending.
    4. Use the filter button at the top of the Option Chain window to reduce or expand visibility of the options available.
    5. Customize the Option Chain by right clicking to initiate the Properties menu where you can edit a number of settings including the number of strike prices shown, colors and more.
    Options Order Entry

Once the Option Chain is configured to your preferences, use the instructions below to place options orders.
    1. Link the Option Chain to an Order Entry Window
      • Use the instrument link in the top right-hand corner of the window to set a link color.
      • Next, open a Basic Entry window by clicking New > Basic Entry from the Control Center.

Please note the Basic Entry or Order Ticket window are recommended for order entry when trading options.
      • Use the instrument link in the Basic Entry window to select the same link color. Your Option Chain window is linked to your Basic Entry window.
    2. In the Option Chain window, click the desired strike price in the Ask or Bid column on either the Calls or Puts side to load the appropriate option contract into your Basic Entry window.
      • Data for the selected options instrument will populate in the entry window and the selected option will be outlined in orange.
    3. Use the Basic Entry order interface to place options orders.

Pictured above is an Option Chain window linked to a Basic Entry window. The two windows must be linked in order to trade options.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But, In the instruments list I do not see 'Options' - I can only see 'Index', 'Futures', and 'Stock'
      Please refer to the attached picture.

I'm interested in Index Options - Nifty Options, and BankNifty options.
      My Broker is Interactive Broker

Comment

Hello Lakiyaa,

Thank you for your post.

The Options are based on the original instrument; for example, the ES 12-20 is a futures contract to trade the options of that future. Please enter the ES 12-20 in the options chain, and it will route accordingly to an options instrument. The instrument should be the same instrument as a chart; however, in the options chain, it is the options of that instrument. if you already receive data for that exchange/instrument and are enabled for options. Please enter the same instrument name into the options chain and do not add a second instrument of the same name. Just use your current instrument in the options chain.

If you need more support, please let us know.
        Paul G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good, this is taking me in the right direction. But, I still haven't found success.

If you refer to my attached pictures - I have an Futures Instrument configured, and I'm also able to see the same in the chart. But, when I try to open Options for the same it just says "Loading" and doesn't show the options data.

Note: During live market I do see values populated for "Bid", "Ask" etc. (the first row), but I never see the options related data.

I have configured my connection with "Interactive Brokers"
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Lakiyaa,

Thank you for your post.

Please write into platform support at [email protected], and we will assist further.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2791418 ATTN Paul.

I look forward to your email.
            Paul G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

facing the same problem how was it resolved?

Comment

Hello ishankashyap,

Thank you for the question.

The first thing to check is if you are in fact enabled for real-time market quotes on Options.

You will want to reach out to your Broker/Market Data Provider and first make sure you are getting the market data in the first place.

Once you verify that you are enabled for the real-time market data, you would want to make sure your connection settings have been configured correctly and you are connected and see the Green circle next to the connection you get Options Market Data from.

Then, open the Options Chain and test as described above.
                Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Clayton,
                  thanks for the prompt reply.
                  I trade options on interactive brokers often so I have market data subscribed.
                  I See a green circle next to my connection in ninjatrader 8
                  Problem is even in charts I can see ^nifty index, but when I search for futures it show 'nifty 12-20' or 'bank Nifty 12-20' but the chart never loads

Comment

Hello ishankashyap,

Thank you for the note.

Please use the following steps to manually add in more Contract Expiries manually:
                    • Please go to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments
                    • Search for 'Nifty' and then double-click the correct result to Edit the instrument
                    • Scroll to the very bottom of this window and expand the 'Contract months (expirations and rollover dates)
                    • Click where the number of Rollovers is displayed in the box to the right to edit the rollover dates
                    • Manually add the current Contract month to this list by clicking add
                    Please try to chart the Nifty Futures now.

If that did not resolve your inquiry, please use one of the following methods to send us your log and trace files so that we may analyze what is occurring with your PC and Platform specifically.

Automatically: Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
                    • Input your Email address
                    • Enter the Subject as: Clayton ATTN 2791418
                    • Attach any screenshots that could help demonstrate the behavior
                    • Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
                    • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
                    • Send the email

Manually: Open the file explorer and go to your "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") folder Open the NinjaTrader 7 (8) folder
                    • Hold Ctrl on your keyboard and left-click the 'log' and 'trace' folders to highlight them both
                    • Now, Right-click on the 'trace' folder and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder
                    • Once compressed, attach the compressed file in an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and
                    • Enter the Subject as: Clayton ATTN 2791418
                    • Send the email.
                    • Once complete, you may delete this compressed folder

Comment

Hi Anybody able to successfully connect to IB to view option chain for NSE/BSE and place options trades?

Comment

Hello patil.kishore,

Thank you for writing in.

There is a chance that you have been successful in setting up your platform and connection and the reason the Options are not showing today is that it looks like the NSE is closed for a holiday today.

I was able to find this publicly available article that provides a little more information:Any time an instrument or chart is not loading in, please reach out to your broker first and verify that the account is enabled for real-time market data on the instrument you are trading and the days and hours that the instrument is expected to be traded.

If you find that you are still not receiving the Options Data after this weekend/holiday, please reach out to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com directly with your log and trace files so we may provide additional information for you and your platform specifically.
                        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support
                        • Include the following information as the "Subject" for the email
                          • Clayton Attn 2791418
                        • Ensure "Log and trace files" is checked
                        • Send the email

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bmartz