Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Second/Tick or < 1m resolution with IB in LIVE mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second/Tick or < 1m resolution with IB in LIVE mode?

Hi there,

My data feed is with IB. I've read here and there about tick data and resolutions smaller than 1 minute and I understand that IB does NOT provide historical data for these intervals. I am trading stocks only.

However, when I am trading live, it MUST get the tick data and I know it does because that's how my strategy calculates. So, 2 questions:

1) Is there a setting somewhere to that I can view tick, 1,2,3,30 second charts etc with IB during live market hours?
    2) Is there another alternate data feed (free or reasonable) that can be configured to achieve this? I am in Canada so my broker choice is limited

Thank you kindly!

Hello focus333,

While you would still receive real-time tick data (and should be able to review any tick-data received while you were connected), you would indeed not be able to download historical tick-data through this connection.

My suggestion would be to send an email to our Platform Sales Team, as they can give you a list of suggestions on how to receive historical tick data.

You may reach them at platformsales (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.

Thank you in advance!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
      Hello focus333,

While you would still receive real-time tick data (and should be able to review any tick-data received while you were connected), you would indeed not be able to download historical tick-data through this connection.

My suggestion would be to send an email to our Platform Sales Team, as they can give you a list of suggestions on how to receive historical tick data.

You may reach them at platformsales (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.

Thank you in advance!
      Thank you NinjaTrader_Manfred ! I will contact them but my question is this: since I can receive tick data in realtime from IB, why are my tick, 1s,5s, etc charts blank in realtime? I'd think the ticks are there but when I select anything under 1m the chart is blank. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello focus333,

While changing the chart would reload the data, any open chart that currently receives that real-time tick-data should record it.

My suggestion would be to test this with a 100-tick chart on an active instrument (e.g. ES 12-20). After having the chart open for a few minutes, the candles should draw from the time you connect going forward.

If this does not work as expected, please let me know!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses