Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Drawings

Hi all,

I'm admittedly new to NinjaTrader and having an issue saving charts with drawings. See the attached video as an example:

I draw a simple line on a chart of AAPL. Based on some searches here, I understand I need to save my workspace to save drawings (which I perform in the video). Unfortunately, after closing the chart and re-loading the simple line on APPL disappears.
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Hello gravityflyer,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

The mistake that is being made in the video that you provided (thank you for that, by the way) is that the individual chart window is being closed by using the 'x' button and you then proceed to open a new chart. With regards to a NinjaTrader workspace, you do not want to close the individual windows (charts, superDOM, etc.). This eliminates the chart that you've already configured, and opening a new chart is creating a brand new element in the workspace that must be configured. You want to leave any windows that you would like saved open at all times. I have included a video that is publicly available at the link below that demonstrates the use of NinjaTrader's workspace feature;

NinjaTrader Workspaces allow you to quickly save and recall your entire desktop layout. Save multiple charts, order entry windows and lists spanning multiple...

Please let us know if we may provide any additional assistance.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes