Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session trades

Hello,

is there an indicator for having the total trades each price of a session on the right side of bars? (I see from fellows in a room using another software)

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello Tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide some additional information about the indicator you're trying to locate? Screenshots of it's behavior may also be helpful. However I need a bit more clarification of what you're looking for.

Thank you I'll await your reply.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

please see attached the screenshot with the chart in black background color and white number of trades.

Best regards
      Tony
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Tonynt,

Thank you for your reply.

This appears to be some version of third party volumetric chart, however I'm not able to identify it from the screenshot alone.

I would recommend reaching out to the presenter you're working with, and ask them what third party indicator they're using o display this on their charts.

I'll also leave this post open so other community members can comment if it looks familiar.

Please feel free to write in if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Hello,

you can not identify from the screenshot the volume numbers on the right side of chart?

It seems to be some version of third party volumetric chart? LOL

So from your reply I assume that you dont know if this is possible to plot in NinjaTrader as it es eg in that other trading software, I still do not mention here, but I should do after your reply.

Best regards
          Tony

Comment

Hello Tonynt,

To clarify, I can see the numbers on the side of the chart however I am not familiar with the indicator they are using to display these as this doe snot appear to be a variation of the included volumetric bars in NinjaTrader.

There are thousands of third party addons for NinjaTrader available, we are not able to identify each one on sight. However this appears to be a third party addon that I am not familiar with that is listing these trades and volume data.

If the chart in the screenshot is from NinjaTrader, which it is not possible to confirm given the narrow scope of the screenshot, then it would be possible. However if they are using another platform not all indicators that are available for other platform are available in NinjaTrader to appear exactly the same way.

If the person in the screenshot is using NinjaTrader, I would recommend reaching out to them directly for more information on the specific indicator they're using.

If this is from another platform it's likely that the way their displaying this information differs from the way NinjaTrader displays it, can you confirm if this is another trading platform that you're viewing in the screenshot?

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.

Comment

Hello,

again, yes this is another platform.

Best regards
              Tony

Comment

Hello Tonynt,

The similar visualization that is available in NinjaTrader are the volumetric bars which you seem to be using.
                However this other platform doesn't seem to break volume up by bid/ask, as the NinjaTrader 8 platform does.

There may be a third party bar type available that could do this however I'm unable to locate one on the User App share which is the only site i can provide direct links to due to compliance.

It's also possible that they could be on the NinjaTrader Ecosystem page, however you would need to search and locate one on this page directly as we cannot recommend specific thisrd party addons that are not part of the user app share:Additionally for more information about the Volumetric bars available in NinjaTrader and configuration options for those please visit the link below:

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

This is how it looks in volumetric charts when one wants to have the numbers for the day. One can not read. In the screenshot I sent you from sierracharts one can read the numbers.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tonynt; 10-19-2020, 01:44 PM. Reason: add screenshot

Comment

Hello Tonynt,

This is due to the size of the bar because you are viewing daily bars, the platform is scaling back to fit all of the bar data in your chart. To view specific information about the volulmetric bars you'll need to scale in on the price data in your chart.

For information on how to do this please visit the link below:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                    95 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post xiinteractive  
                    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes