Backup connection for data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup connection for data feed

Hi there, I’m still experiencing data feed outages from IB.
    Now; I have a Kinetick live stream too.
    How do I set it up as a backup, or switch in my strategy to Kinetick, if the IB Connection
    experiences a connectionStatusUpdate.Status == ConnectionStatus.ConnectionLost?
    best

Hello fernlicht,

Thank you for your post.

There is no documented or supported way to programmatically switch data feed providers with a NinjaScript. However, you could connect to both the Interactive Brokers and Kinetick data feeds simultaneously so that if the Interactive Broker data feed loses connection, the Kinetick data feed will still be connected.

Something you could do to resolve losing connection to Interactive Brokers is to unplug your internet modem, and (if a separate device) router for at least 60 seconds, and also restart the Computer. Also, you could consider looking into a Virtual Private Server (VPS) to run NinjaTrader on. This will provide a strong and uninterrupted connection to the appropriate data servers

The data provider used will be chosen from your preferred connections which could be set per asset in the Market Data tab of the Options menu (Tools > Options).

Please review the help guide below for information about setting your preferred data provider or asset in the Options menu - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...marketdata.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I’m running NinjaTrader on a AWS instance. I just would like to secure the IB data Feed.
      what‘ Happens if I connect both, which I‘m now doing. Could you please explain the logic and process behind it
      when connected to 2 dataprovider simultaneously? When does the 2nd /backup provider gets connected?
      How NinjaTrader split the datafeed between both?

Comment

Hello fernlicht,

Thank you for your note.

NinjaTrader will use a data feed for real-time or historical data, and by default will subscribe based on the type of instrument supported by the data feed connection and your connection order. By default, NinjaTrader will attempt to get real-time and historical data from the first connected data provider for the instrument type for which you are attempting to receive data.

For example, if you connect to your Interactive Brokers connection first followed by connecting to your Kinetick connection, NinjaTrader will first pull data for the instrument types supported by your Interactive Brokers connection. Then, data will be pulled from the Kinetick connection. Since Kinetick supports all instrument types, all data will be pulled from this connection.

If the Interactive Brokers account loses connection, all data will be pulled from the Kinetick connection.

Connection order is important when determining which provider will be used for real-time and historical data. However, you can choose to set a preferred connection per asset in the Market Data tab of the Options menu (Tools > Options).

Please review the help guide below for information about setting your preferred data connections - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ataConnections

Also, please see this help guide link for more information about using multiple connections - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes